Weird Behavior

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaw

Reaction score
Ok I am putting you all to the test. I have a Jack donkey and he has some really weird things he does. One he rubbs his butt bald like 4 inches around even though he is on a regular worming schedule and it doesn't matter what time of the year it is it is bald. He won't do it if he is blanketed though I have noticed. He has done this ever since I owned him. Second thing he is doing is bitting his flank and then that leg kicks like crazy. It is kind of comical but kind of not. I am chocking it up to frustration but I am not a donkey expert. He is a rescue donkey as I couldn't stand the condition he was living in so I took him home. He was very ear shy when he first got here but know will let everybody maul him. The other two things have not gone away so I have learned to live with them. Just thought I would ask the opinion of the forum members. Thanks

outlaw

outlaw said:
Second thing he is doing is bitting his flank and then that leg kicks like crazy.    Thanksoutlaw

514773[/snapback]

I'm no expert, but this almost sounds like a mild form of self-mutilation, which is psychological.

I'm sure someone will come on here with ideas. Don't forget to check with your vet.

Latest posts

Back