Websites

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We (actually my hubby) did our website. But like Kimberly we can't seem to "get together" to update it as often as I'd like. So he changed the program he was using to something called Joomla and now I can do most of it myself.

I designed and maintain ours. It was a little scary at first, but the more I play with it the easier it becomes. I just redid the whole thing about a month ago. My son-law hosts for us. I love being able to update often. I used a program called Microsoft Expressions, HTML or by design.

I do my own. I use Front Page, which allows me to create it on my computer, and then upload it to the server. I pay about $100 a year. I wanted my own domain name, www.weebiscuit.com without anything else in the URL, so I pay for a web host. i use Fat Cow and I think they are fabulous!

At one time I used front page as my site editor, but found google sites to be wonderful. Very simple to update. It does help if you have an editing program that allows you to downsize photos before submitting them. Sadly, those without access to high speed will give up waiting for large pics to download. With those two things you're set! Some free sites will also offer the ability to purchase a domain name.

I do my own, as its just nice to have it the way I like it and be able to change and edit things when I want them done vrs relying on someone else to do it on their time and be limited to updates.

Plus, its sort of my hobby ...

My son built my site but with his family growing in age and activity he did not have time to maintain it.

My site is on Yahoo Small Business and I pay a small monthly fee for my site and domain name. I was able to down load my old website and revamp it (took about 2 weeks but I did it) with Site Builder and I love it. I can now update when I need to, in fact need to do that before I leave for Nationals.

Now I don't have to rely on anyone to get it done but me.

I did my own and I maintain it as well. I pay the fees for my own domain name and I paid a fee to have more pages/pictures than offered with a free one and I also paid a fee to not have the advertisements or pop ups. I used to update weekly -- now I am lucky to be able to update monthly but it is nice to be able to get on and change things whenever I have the time and be able to put up my own pictures,etc.

I do our own. Unlike the others though, I have not bought or paid anything. Right now I am using the freewebs. Yes I do get a little advertising box that comes up, but every time I have been on there it is nothing bad.
I have been with Freewebs for a few years now and really like their structure and options. Easy and fun to use. Maybe down the line I will opt for a domain name/no advertising. People have told me my website is easy to navigate and read. Good thing of the advertisements is that they do not pop up...they are up on the top of the page and don't bother. Usually the advertisements are also related to whatever is on that page.

I also built and maintain my own website using Homestead. It is fun, but time consumming.
default_smile.png

I do mine through Yola, it's very easy. Wish I could do it using cs4 but thats pretty expensive. My minor was in IT so it would be easy for me to work with....maybe someday before I forget how to use it lol I try to update it whenever I have new information, I love doing it so it's no big deal to me
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back