web sites?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abby

Reaction score
I've been trying to build my own little site on yahoo. I think I'm too old or something!
default_wacko.png
: Is it very expensive to have a pro do it? I'm just starting out, but it would be fun to have.

Please help an old gramma
default_please.gif
: before I go crazy. (feel free to pm me) I need all the help I can get.

Lee

freewebs.com has free websites and they are very easy to build. I had no clue what I was doing and it walks you through everything. Check out mine below in my signature, not bad for a rookie and it was so easy!

OOOh I think Im getting it!

Its still in progress but heres the addy www. freewebs.com/mainelandminiatures

Opinions and ideas gracously accepted. :bgrin

Lee

It's a very good start - see I told you freewebs is easy. You can change your theme too whenever you want. I had that green backround for a while and have changed it every couple months. I learned how to put links in it just by accident and for pics I just copy them from my photobucket acount and then paste them in the paragraph text - that seems easier than downloading them into freewebs. I think you can have 6 free pages and if more than that you have to pay. Good luck - it's fun working on it.

Thank you everyone. I'm having fun with it even though it drives me nuts sometimes. Today I managed to put a picture on the front page :aktion033: I scan them then transfer them and upload. Only way I know how, but it worked.

I'll work on page two tomorrow, I thought I'd try the photo album type. And I'm going to put a memorial page for my "big" mare Honey that I lost so tragically to colic. I miss her so.

Thanks again

Lee

Looks good, and don't give up, I did my site all on my own and had to basically learn everything about web site building as I went along. Once you get used to it it's a cinch to do.

Don't know if this is an option but we found a person to build ours. Our was less than $250 dollars to build plus your montly space which is about $120 a year plus your domain name which is pretty cheap.

This gal works out of her home and does it all via the internet. You email her the pictures and such, tell her what you want on it and then she starts. As she gets is going you make the changes that you want.

If you are interested in her website let me know.

Good Luck

Traci

Back