We have a Darling Filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeckyG

Reaction score
We have a darling filly.

The proud dad is Thunder,the silver black in my avitar.

She is very active, and loves to be scratched. She is fine in every way except her eye was injured during birth. At first her eye was just matted, and we were cleaning with unsented baby wipes. But then slowly blood started collecting in the eye. She is at Elgin Vet Hospital, and is being medicted every hour. I so hope she does not loose her eye.

But she is full of life and an absolute little darling.

Here is a pic at just a few hours old.

ButterCup%20Pic1.JPG

Becky, sorry about your filly's eye problem...how long does Elgin want to keep her? Hope she keeps her eyesight but the positive I guess is that even if she loses it at this tender age she will adapt well. FYI, stay on top of them at Elgin - I think they are awesome as far as surgery and treatment, but when I had Artie there - right out of ICU - they put her in a dirty stall & didn't move her or clean it for several days. She was also getting big horse sized portions of alfalfa & grain, although she wasn't eating much at the time it worried me. I just made it a point to be there and check on her often. Great doctors, just a really busy clinic as you know. Good luck with your pretty filly.

Jan

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this with your sweet filly! I hope her eye will be better soon.

Congrats on a very pretty filly
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Hope they can get her eye sorted and that she and her Momma will be home very soon.

Anna

Thank You, Everyone!!

She is a little sweetie! And a fun-loving baby filly.
default_yes.gif

(I think she doesn't even know she has an eye problem.)

Thanks for the heads-up, Jan!!!

So far, things are going well.

Her eye is improving!!

They have a really tiny/tiny/tiny "eye medication applicator type of thing" actually sutured to her eyelid. It is attached to tiny/tiny/tiny tubing. And, the medication is applied through the tubing every hour.

She is responding to the treatment. I am becoming hopeful that we may save her sight. She will probably be there a few more days.

Thanks!

Becky

Congratulations on that pretty filly!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Glad to hear her eye is improving.

Back