We are moving. I need to transport 3 minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horseheart

Reaction score
Don't get angry if this question sounds bad. I have no trailer experience.

Can I transport 3 minis in a two horse tralier? Is there room? I can't tell by looking online.

Any other options? Mine were delivered to me and I've never taken them anywhere.

We goging from Northern VA to Shelbyville TN (outside Nashville). From 3 acres to 20 acres. My guys are gogin to love it.

Thanks,

Robin

What are the sexes? Have these horses been raised together? If they are minis, and if they normally live together, yes, they can be. The ideal situation for me, woulod be to remove the center divider and put them in one larger open area. If they need to be separated, say if you have a stallion and 2 girls, then leave the partition in, put him on one side, the girls on the other. Make sure the divider go low enough, and prefably, right to the floor.(add a pice on if you have to)

Yes, you can. But if one is a stallion, you'll need to separate him somehow.

MA

I'm outside of Chattanooga. Welcome in advance from me too.

Be sure to bring all the hay you can find up there. There's none here!

Email me anytime !

I should have explained they are all stallions. They are together daily no problems. They sleep in the same stall too.

Thanks.

I should have explained they are all stallions. They are together daily no problems. They sleep in the same stall too.

Thanks.
Then you should have no trouble at all hauling the 3 of them, but I would still personally try to remove the divider for the trip.

Under the circumstances, I agree with Mona. Remove the divider, if you have one. And don't forget to put a bucket of water in with them for the ride, plus plenty of hay to keep them occupied.

MA

I would suggest you Not put water in with them but rather everytime you stop give them a cjhance to have a drink...The water will spill out on the trip...I have hauled horses from MS to Wisconcin and stoped to water along the way...I also use a two horse and take the divider out....You should do fine...Best of luck and have a safe trip..

Latest posts

Back