Watseka Clinic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

It was a whirlwind weekend but we made it through. I had such a great time seeing my illinois buddies such as ginia from the forum and brenda (cat in the hat) etc. Also got to spend time with my daughter so that was great.

I cannot believe i forgot my camera at the hotel *we had to stay further out as watskea hotel was booked* But someone else got a lot of pics and said they would send them to me.

I believe the turnout was 55 people so a good turnout!

All the lectures were so informative! Excalibur did a grooming session with emphasis on how to sculpt the head which i really need to practice doing.

Cathy talked about how the pictures for amhr have to be done now and show paperwork.

Marvin Mccabe did a really good one on what the judges look for in halter, liberty etc.

Amber Montgomery was just awesome in her driving clinic. I learned a lot of new things and will be ordering the training bit she uses. I could talk to this woman all day!!! I think I need to go to her farm for a couple days and get myself trained LOL

Lennie donated the price of a ton of lead ropes to cmhr and we got several nice donations by check!!! Thank you Lennie for your help! And thanks to everyone else who donated.

A huge group of us went to dinner afterwards. Dont know if the resturant will ever be the same
default_yes.gif
:

Was just talking with Bren about the clinic. She gave it a wonderful revue as well.

Wish I could of gone, maybe next year.

It was so nice meeting up with everyone who was there. I am glad I was actually able to learn something this year. My brain was too frozen last year to absorb anything. Excalibur made that grooming look so easy. I can only hope to be half that good someday. Kay I have to agree, Amber did a great job. She had so much info and put it across so well. I think I'd pay just to go and hear her talk all day. I will definitely be back next year.

Excited to see pics. How did your presentation go on feeding/nutrition? Sounds like it was a wonderful clinic, im planning to attend next year already!

well darn it i was the last speaker and because it ran so late i didnt get to talk about feeding. Just had about 10 minutes to talk about cmhr. I did feel bad as some people afterwards had a lot of questions about feeding so I did answer them after the clinic.

There was so much information for all the clinicians to cram in that I think maybe we were overly ambitious having that many in one day.

We had a lot of brand new mini people there so I hope they found it informative!

Carolyn you must come with brenda next year!! it was so good seeing brenda and she looked great!

:aktion033: Adding my nod of appreciation and approval to Lennies clinic, great speakers that presented their material very well, I'm more excited about driving than ever now. I'll practice up on a couple of my green "girls" this Spring and Summer, they're pretty broad-minded and accepting, and if I have good results with them maybe I can even tackle starting my little stallion next year.

A big "THANK YOU" to Lennie, and it was so nice to spend time with Kaykay, and meet her Ohio buddies and have a chance to meet "Cat in the Hat" (Brenda).

I was so wishing I could have gone to that clinic, but my daughter's birthday party was on the same day. I do hope someone will give us a "detailed report" about what Marvin and Amber had to say. And pardon my ignorance, but who or what is Excalibur that did the excellent grooming job?

Judy,

Excaliber is a miniature and shetland farm in Illinous. I cant think of there website but they are a farm, always in The Journal.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back