New Additions at Midnight Star Stables

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
First off, I feel very blessed to own any horses at all, but even more so to own the ones that I already call mine. I love my three seniors and one yearling but I am also the very proud mom to two new 2011 foals.

The first who came into my life is a red colt that I just thought was gorgeous. I talked with his owner and even though I was not looking to add any more (especially young ones) really, but this boy was simply everything I’ve been looking for. I didn't know much about him, but I simply fell in love as I had with Dove. He just had a lovely face! I decided to buy him on July 8th. His name is Chaos and I was thrilled but shocked to see his pedigree is full of Hall of Fame horses, Congress Champions, National Champions, and Horse/Pony of the Year horses! He is just amazing.

His sire is FRH JC Captivating who goes back to JC Jenga(HOF), Z.J.'s Windwalker (HOF), Wink's Showdeo Kid II, Dun-Haven, Showdeo Kid, and Pony-Vista breeding. His grandsire, JC’s Jenga(HOF) was 2x AMHR National Grand Champion Stallion, Reserve Congress Grand Champion Stallion, HOF halter horse, and Halter Horse of the Year. Z.J.'s Windwalker (HOF) is a 6 time superior sire in the AMHR/ASPC. He's sired 5 different horses of the year in 7 years. Wink's Showdeo Kid II is the sire of 5 Congress/National Grand Champions, 7 Hall Of Fame horses, and one Pony of the Year.

His dam is Wall Street Rock E Fancy Dancer who’s pedigree includes Bar G's Rock E(HOF), Bar G's Rock "O", J-J's Fancy Boots and is a full sibling to B&L's Rock "E" The Navigator(HOF), B&L's Rock E Hollywood Celebrity (HOF), B&L's Rock E The Admiral (HOF), and Wall Street Rock E Rocketbuster. Her sire Bar G's Rock E(HOF) is Halter Hall of Fame, 4x Superior Sire, Congress Grand Champion Sire, National Grand Champion Sire, Congress Futurity Champion sire and Hall of Fame Sire. Her dam is J-J's Fancy Boots, who is a Congress Grand Champion Producers and Superior Dam. Her full brother B&L's Rock "E" The Navigator(HOF) was Congress Reserve Grand Champion, HOF halter horse, and Halter Horse of the Year. Her full brother B&L's Rock E The Admiral (HOF) was Congress Grand Champion, HOF, and National Reserve Grand Champion sire.

Kind of like Dove, his pedigree is nearly unreal. I just think he is amazing. He is going to be my new show GELDING! And one day, be my driving horse. He’s so darn neat that I look forward to adding him to my herd. It’ll be nice to have more geldings again, I love promoting geldings. A big Thank you to Pam of RHA for being so great to work with - If anyone is looking for that special horse, Pam and James are wonderful!

Chaos01.jpg

Chaos02.jpg

The next baby is my loooong awaited LTD/Dun-Haven miracle foal. Many of you know may old broodmare LTD’s Lil Copycat (last foal born in 2006). I had planned to breed her to Jason Prince’s striking stallion Excaliber’s Time is Money, but a week or two before she was to leave the stallion passed away unexpectedly. Jason helped me find Jennifer Groter of Alvadar Training and Foaling Stable who was standing Sandy Nicoll’s Fine Harness champion Modern stallion Dun Haven Grand Event. I sent her out to be bred to him and the first year they just could not get her in foal. Cat’s hormone levels were very abnormal and Jen started her on two different types of hormone replacements. Cat stayed at Jen’s over the winter to continue her hormone therapy. The next year did not seem to prove any more successful. Jen had tried EVERYTHING; live-cover, AI, hormones, US regularly, monitoring her ovulation, etc, etc. In August we talked with Jen about bringing Cat home after Nationals and giving up. Jen sad she’d like to try one more “all or nothing” shot in September, before we pick her up. We sure enough Cat got in foal in September! Great! Jen was to keep her for another year to foal her out – we did not want to risk this foal’s life in any way! Well good thing. Cat had a hard pregnancy. She was thin so Jen had been trying to get her calorie intake increased. Well Cat got Gestational Diabetes and Foundered. New diet for Cat… She seemed to be doing well. Well Anyways, the big day came and Cat went into labour… After everything else, this was going to be easy right? Yeah, that was not the case. Cat’s foal was a red bag delivery and needed to be repositioned. Did I mention the foal was 3 (nearly 4) weeks early? Anyways, Alvadar’s got that foal out alive. The foal shortly stood, nursed, and passed stool and urine. After everything, Cat has blessed me with a solid bay FILLY with a little blaze and a sock! This little filly will be tested for LWO and really will be everything I’ve dreamed about if she comes back positive! I am so happy with them both. I had a physic guess the gender of Cat’s foal and they guessed a colt, so I was VERY shocked to hear she had a filly! Did I mention she was born late on July 8th? Quite the double day! This filly is not really out of the woods yet, and is still going to stay with Jen for a few months to get extra care. I’m still praying for her! A very special THANK YOU to Jennifer Groter and everyone at Alvadar’s for giving me a miracle foal.

Frame.jpg

This year has been one of my best in the ring with my show string, that I can’t believe it could have gotten better. I just wanted to share with my LB friends!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your new addition, very handsome! And Congrats on your filly! What an ordeal, I hope she will grow to be healthy and sassy!

You have two very beautiful babies. Many congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Anna

Congratulations, I saw Chaos when I was there picking up our new addition two weeks ago. Your going to do very well with him.

Congrats Desiree!!!! I bet that gelding will be winning all sorts of Grands up their in Canada for you!!! Lookout Over Geldings....
default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats on the filly too, I can't wait to see her unfold more and what sort of action she got..
default_wub.png

Congratulations Desiree! So happy to hear about the successful birth of Copycats filly! Your new "gelding" is quite the looker too
default_yes.gif
Have fun enjoying your new babies and wishing you much success in the show ring with both of them!

Thank you all so much. I am so excited, I can hardly believe I have been blessed with two amazing new kids!
default_wub.png
default_new_shocked.gif

I was just sent up-dated pictures of the pair, so I thought I'd share.

First is my sweet filly, now pictured at 8 days old. She's still unfolding and it's only a quick cellphone picture, but I am still so proud of her!
default_blush.png

Famewebpage02.jpg
Famewebpage03.jpg

The little guy is looking even better than his last photos, and he just makes my heart throb... He is so pretty I can hardly take my eyes off him! I really shouldn't have bought another, but I am so so so glad that I did!
default_worshippy.gif
He is so pretty, I know I had best geld him as soon as he gets here or I'll be very tempted to change my mind!

Chaos09.jpg
Chaos10.jpg

Thank you so much for letting me share!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, what beauties! I especially love your colt, what a phenominal gelding he will be!
default_smile.png

Back