Washing a fly mask???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilSapphire

Reaction score
What would I use to wash a fly mask that I used for a horse that had runny, nasty eyes?.....none of that stuff really got on it but that fly mask did not belong to that horse and I want to keep it for next year for the one that it does belong to but I don't want to give her the nasty eye. So, what do u guys think I should use?

Thanks,

Jessica

I just toss fly masks and halters into the washing machine and wash with detergent and warm water then hang to dry in the sun.....

Thank You
yes.gif

If the horse has had really gunky eyes I would soak it in nappy san or something similar to kill the bacteria

Last edited by a moderator:
dmhstacy- Thanks, where would I get that or something like it at? I have never heard of that before but it sounds like a good idea along with washing to get rid of the germs
yes.gif

Jessica

at the supermarket in the washing powder area (at least thats where it is over here!)

Just get one that is for soaking babies nappies.

LilSapphire said:
dmhstacy- Thanks, where would I get that or something like it at? I have never heard of that before but it sounds like a good idea along with washing to get rid of the germs 
yes.gif

Jessica

477720[/snapback]

I would wash it in the regular washer with laundry soap and a little bleach. I usually wash all horse stuff together (neck wraps, fly masks, blankets ect) and don't use any fabric softener on it. If I accidentally use too much bleach, I will set to run and extra rinse cycle and then hang out in sun to dry. (careful with colored things--sun intensifies the bleaching effect)

Latest posts

Back