wart removal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevann

Reaction score
I know warts are caused by a virus, but my yearling filly has them bad-50 or more.She is going to our state fair in late July and I hope to sell her then, but the warts are so gross.I think it might hurt the sale unless I find a kid who also has warts and thinks it's neat.Any suggestions for a fast disappearance of the nasty looking things.I asked my vet about human type wart stuff, but it will take about 12 weeks if it works then.

ask your vet about mega doses of vit c--builds immunity in people and gets rid of people warts really fast---may work on horses? i would just ask the vet tho if the C would be harmful to horses....it is water soluable tho.

jennifer :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut a potatoe in half and rub
default_yes.gif
:

hello, i know this sounds harsh but it wors great, you pull a couple off, yes they bleed but it speeds up the natural process of the horses body to fight of th virus. i read his in many books and on the internet and last year i moved my horses and needless o say some cam down with warts, i tried this on a couple and not on a couple, the ones i removed a few warts cleared up much faster then the ones i left alone.

What works for me is the human wart remover creams. It loosens them up so you can pull them off easier. I'll apply the cream for a couple days, wait a day, and then pull the wart off and stick it in their mouth. It may be an old wives tale but I swear the warts disappear faster when I make the horse eat them. I've had 2 horses come down with warts and both were resolved fairly quickly (month or so) using this method.

Yep, dunappy is telling you right. My Vet taught me this years ago. Trauma is the best treatment for warts!

I just went through this with my gelding. He had HUGE warts, some of them literally hanging out, over his nostril flaps...YUCK! I dispaired of getting rid of them in time, but within a couple of weeks...they were gone.

I used Emu oil, to keep his skin soft, and scar-free, pinched two of them off with needle-nose pliers, AND...doused the remaining ones, very carefully, with Compound W; a product used to remove plantar warts. so, Which did the job? Who knows...but the combination worked very quickly...give it a try.
default_yes.gif
:

You can also go to the health food store and get soem GSE (Grapefruit seed extract) and put that on them. Coat the whole thing and it will burn them off. It does nto hurt teh horse, but it dries the warts enough that it seems to burn them off, almost over night too, very cool stuff.

One of the yearling colts we bought got a ton of warts around his mouth all the way up to his eyes and under his chin a few months back we haven't had warts here before so was also told to snip some off and feed them to him. Sounded gross to me but we managed to snipe about 5 of the bigger ones off but didn't have the heart to make him eat them. The bigger ones were hard to cut of with scissors so we used the hoof nippers sterilized first of course and they did bleed for a while after but he doesn't have warts anymore so it must work we were told by the vet they could be there for a long time.....Warts :smileypuke:

keep in mind that they are VERY contagious!! once you have them on your farm they tend to come back every spring. Because this is contagious if they are still there i feel sure they wont let her on the fairgrounds or sale. I know in Illinois state fair they look at every horse on the trailer before they allow them to come in or go out

Yes they are contagious, and yes, trauma of pulling a few larger ones off works. There is also some stuff you can get, made for horses, called Wartsoff or something of that nature. Kind of like a vaseline texture... it worked pretty well when I had a new horse come in years ago with them.. Thank heavens no one else got them and - knock on wood- have not had any since!
default_wacko.png
:

hello, i know this sounds harsh but it wors great, you pull a couple off, yes they bleed but it speeds up the natural process of the horses body to fight of th virus. i read his in many books and on the internet and last year i moved my horses and needless o say some cam down with warts, i tried this on a couple and not on a couple, the ones i removed a few warts cleared up much faster then the ones i left alone.

This worked for me as well... crushed a few of the warts on one of my former mares and they disappeared pretty fast.

Denise

Silversong Farm

Warts spread like wildfire!

My fathers TWH had them, not quit that bad but he had 2 or 3 on his muzzle. He passed them on my dads QH in the next stall over. We started them on the wart removal that we got at TSC about 2 weeks before they were sold (this past monday) and they started clearing up pretty fast. I didnt see changes overnight but i did see them after 3 or 4 days.

If it was my horse, i would let the Wart Removal creme work its magic a few days before peeling them off and then continue to apply it.

Yes, its very hard to even get into the County Fair's when a horse has illness or something along them lines. We had to have Coco vet checked last year before the fair and since our vet didnt do a full check we had to get him check agian the day before. I dont know if state fair's do this but i know the smaller county fairs are picky about what goes in and out of there barns.

Leeana H.

Dab them with Castor oil a couple of times a day . I have found this to work very quickly!

Latest posts

Back