Want to know what breed your dog is?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAX

Reaction score
While visiting with my brother today he showed me how amazed he was with the results of his dogs DNA tests... One was a mix of 7 different breeds and it told him what percentage of each of those breeds she was!! It is a $50 test so maybe not for everyone but thought some of you might be as curious as he was. He was surprised but it did give a reason for some of her herding behaviours!!

www.wisdompanel.com

And no I am not connected to that site or company in anyway.

what a great idea , I might test our rescue when Ive finished colour testing the minis !

269134_1952303841994_1074572782_31771747_5554537_a.jpg

How big is your rescue?He looks like a parti colored Poodle or Portugese Water dog?I love him.Just the kind of dog I have been thinking about getting.I LOVE black and white (my favorite color in Minis)Let us know what he is when you get him tested.

Sadly, though they sound like a really, really good idea....they are not accurate at all.

I know a person who had a purebred (registered and everything) dog who wanted to test this. Sent it in and had 3 or 4 different dogs in it. Tried a second time and had 4 or 5 DIFFERENT breeds than the first time.

So take the results with a grain of salt.

~kathryn

Awwww man!
default_sad.png
I will not tell my brother this because when he got the results it made so much sense why his dog was always trying to herd kids and animals when she looks nothing like a herding dog. The DNA test said she was mostly border collie, australian shepard and labrador. Must admit she looks nothing like any of those so we were surprised to see the results but it did seem to fit personality wise. Oh well I will just not tell him...
default_rolleyes.gif
I would hate to think that he would retest and get a different answer.

Latest posts

Back