vulva change pink to red to pink

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunappy

Reaction score
Its just me again. Yesterday April dropped, vulva is relaxed now for a week, yesterday turned from cotton candy pink to red streakyish, bitting and kicking at belly, up and down, restless, would grab a bit and walk around, could see belly contracting, thought forsure she would have a baby last night, but no. today vulva back to cotton candy pink, no bitting and kicking at belly, no tail swishing, eating and calm. what happened? does the vulva usually change ack to pink once it turns red? this is my first mini to foal out. i have foaled out many large horses before but im so nervous and excited and really would like to know what you all think. i would post pics of her but dont know how. now that she dropped she hardly looks pregnant, her belly is so low, she has a tiny butt now. please, i would love comments from everyone. thanks nikki

ps, it gives me something to read while waiting on her. thanks again

A blood vessel may have broken when the foal was positioning itself thus causing the redder coloring. However, apparently that foal wasn't quite ready to come out yet and the blood has been cleared away. That would be my guess anyhow.

Latest posts

Back