Very excited

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyhorse23

Reaction score
Last week I found out that the "summer potluck" my department had been planning for weeks was secretly an awards presentation for me!
default_new_shocked.gif
My managers tapped me on the shoulder while I was working and asked me to come with them, then led me (in my desk slippers and headset) to the break room, where the CFO and some other big wigs from the hospital were waiting with all my coworkers to tell me I'd been selected as the First Quarter Non-Clinical Service Award winner! That is a really big deal at our hospital, I had to go to an awards presentation the next morning to get my little trophy from the CEO (a nice guy, as it turns out) and have my picture taken by an $150 an hour professional photographer for the large individual poster that goes up on the hospital's "Wall of Fame" for the next three months. My name will also be engraved on the permanent plaque and I got a nice $50 gift certificate to the store or restaurant of my choice as well. I was a bit overwhelmed, and more than a little embarrassed to receive my award in my slippers! I wish they'd given me some warning.
default_rolleyes.gif

Ah well, at least I was dressed appropriately the next morning. I was nominated for the award because of a very eloquent email sent by the local emergency services project manager who apparently monitored hundreds of non-urgent 911 transfer calls we triaged and was impressed by my consistently "bright, cheery, and positive demeanor" and general effiency. Those calls used to terrify me, so I was touched that my hard work at finding a way to handle them positively was noticed. I do my best to make sure our callers feel like someone cares and that they're going to be helped as I know it's scary when something is wrong.

Anyway, just wanted to share. I'm pretty excited! This is a first for our off-site, no-physical-patient-contact call center and everyone is thrilled that we've been recognized for our excellent customer service. It did feel odd though, as a entry-level receptionist, to stand up there with the top physician, top nurse, top team, etc. and be recognized by the CEO.
default_unsure.png
I guess it just reaffirms their philosophy that each and every person is important and can influence the quality of our patients' experience.

Leia

P.S.- I had way too much fun. Nobody else wanted to say anything when they got their awards but I took the mike for a few minutes to talk about how great my coworkers at the Healthline are and how lucky I am to work there. The look on the CEO's and my manager's faces when I confidently accepted the offer to say a few words was priceless! I don't think they expected the "shy young thing" to be interested in (or good at) public speaking.
default_laugh.png
Little do they know
default_rolleyes.gif
...four years of State tournaments in Debate and Impromptu Speaking leave you pretty familiar with a mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow Leia! That's AWESOME! Congratulations!!!
default_aktion033.gif

WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!

Woohoo Leia!! I saw that on your Myspace, so I was wondering if you'd post it here as well...with details!! Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Leia--that is wonderful!! Congrats!!! I hope it makes you smile for a long time.
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

So--the place of your choice for the $50--horse feed store?
default_laugh.png

That is so great Leia- HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!! And I can't say that I am surprised at all, based on what I know of you. Feed store or harness store???? Tough choice.......

Latest posts

Back