Update - Pot Belly in weanling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Reaction score
It pays to ask questions here! After asking for input on my weanling's big belly and getting a lot of great responses, I remembered I hadn't looked at the feeding instructions for the Omolene 300 we use in a while. Upon doing so, I realized we should have increased the amount some time ago. It's been a couple weeks now and the belly has reduced a great deal. She's also become more energetic and has taken to being the instigator in the chase games they sometimes play together.
default_laugh.png

Thanks again to everyone here that takes the time to help us newbies learn what it takes to care for these fuzzy, adorable creatures of ours!

It pays to ask questions here! After asking for input on my weanling's big belly and getting a lot of great responses, I remembered I hadn't looked at the feeding instructions for the Omolene 300 we use in a while. Upon doing so, I realized we should have increased the amount some time ago. It's been a couple weeks now and the belly has reduced a great deal. She's also become more energetic and has taken to being the instigator in the chase games they sometimes play together.
default_laugh.png

Thanks again to everyone here that takes the time to help us newbies learn what it takes to care for these fuzzy, adorable creatures of ours!

I missed the answer to the ? What causes potbelly???

I missed the answer to the ? What causes potbelly???
A potbelly often means the horse isn't getting enough to eat. Think of the pictures you see of children in 3rd world countries with the potbellies. If a horse is fat, they will be fat all over, not just in the belly.

Latest posts

Back