Update on one of my storm injuries from 2011

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple Hollow Farm

Reaction score
Update on Freckles,

I realize I havent posted much about her recently so just for a recap for those who dont remember. July 2011 a Derecho storm consisting of 130mph winds destroyed much of our property and buildings. Freckles was one of many injured and has had the longest recovery of all, her left hind leg had its tendon severed due to sheet metal that was flying through the air. We had surgery done on her leg to reconnect the tendon. Her tendon was very weak and she walked on the back of her hoof so had to have a special shoe put on to keep her up on her hoof properly. Last week she had the shoe removed for a trial period to see if she was ready to go without. So far so good and she is moving great, you can tell that she had issues as she looks a bit cowhocked now even after being extremely correct originally but due to how she has had to walk to compensate for the weaker leg, its just how it is now. I am just thrilled that she is doing so well and was able to live!

DSCF2472.JPG

DSCF2465.JPG

DSCF2466.JPG

DSCF2468.JPG

What a great update! She looks full of herself and to be a very happy horse!

Oh no, I forgot who it was who suffered through that! So happy to see her look so happy, thanks for the update!

She looks like shes doing very well from what you said in the beginning!

you forgot to tell everyone she had a filly afterwards and is pg again. BUTTERBALL!!!

Thanks everyone and yes sorry about that, through all her surgeries, medication, stress, and all she gave me a gorgeous and TINY sorrel sabino filly and is bred back to MT. I named her Magical Miracle due to the fact that Freckles maintained the pregnancy through all she went through, had other mares come up open from the whole ordeal but not her.

DSCF0245.JPG

DSCF7001edit.JPG

DSCF7005edit.JPG

DSCF7020edit.JPG

DSCF9730edit.JPG

DSCF8082edit.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay Freckles!! Thank You for the update. What a sweet looking little filly!
default_wub.png

Great news!! Congrats for the little cutie she gave you too.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks wonderful! What a happy ending to such an awful experience for you all.
default_thumbup.gif

I am so happy for her!!! That is wonderful.I hope it just keeps getting better and better for her!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Latest posts

Back