Update on my Corgi pup!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cimarron

Reaction score
Madison's milk did dry up by friday nite. The pup Maizy was lethargic and cool so I warmed it up and started her on the bottle with Esbilac (sp). She took to the bottle vigorously and seemed to perk up by saturday morning after a couple nite feedings. Saturday I called a friend of ours who raises poodles and she said to bring her on over and we put her with a litter of poodle puppies! The mom accepted her and is nursing her and she is also getting supplemented with a bottle still. So things are looking good! Her little belly is looking really full! I have some pix of her with her poodle family if someone can post it if I email it to you! Thanks for all the advice and thoughts, I appreciate it. Oh by the way Madison the mother is still looking for her puppy. It is so sad, everytime she comes in the house she tries to go in the room to find her. We let her in a couple times so she could see she wasnt in there but she still tries. As soon as I get her weight up I am taking her in to be spayed. She is not meant to be a mother even tho she wanted to be. Sheila

So glad to hear your pup is doing well now. I bet Madison will be happy when she (the pup) is old enough to come back home!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's wonderful news! Sounds like your little puppy will be fine. :~) Your poor mama dog, that's sad.

I'd love to see your picture when it gets posted. :~)

~Karen

Hey everyone here are the pics!! They sure are cute!!!!

poodle1.jpg

poodle2.jpg

:aktion033: So glad the poodle accepted your corgi pup! What a cute combo!! Will be interesting to watch the "litter" develop with the "ugly duckling," so to speak
default_wink.png
: Of course, corgis are my favorite breed and I fully expect that corgi to be the most beautiful of all
default_wub.png
:

Aww thats a precious picture. Just look at the smile on that mom pup's face in that second pic! So glad everything is turning out with a happy ending.

That is WONDERFUL! (Hmmmm... I wonder which puppy is the corgi...
default_wink.png
: )

Madison will be so excited to have her daughter back home to play with. My friend has a dog and her son, she spayed/neutered both of them and they get along so wonderfully. Thank you for the pictures, those are fun!

Andrea

Latest posts

Back