Update on filly with broken leg

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdegner

Reaction score
Not quite 3 weeks ago, I posted about our little 9 week old filly that broke her front leg. She is doing fantastic. We had the vet out this past week to look at changing the cast (at the two week mark) and he declined to do it. Said there were no spots rubbing and the cast wasn't moving or too loose. He thought it was better to leave it alone and he will be back in a week at the 4 week stage to remove it. He will make a recommendation at that point about whether we need to splint it. She will need to continue to be stalled for sometime until the leg is ready to go again but I amazed at how well she has healed and how spunky she is. We have been bringing her and mama out on the lawn when weather permits and she gets around quite well. Last night she was being very silly and going up on her back two legs and walking around. Talk about making lemonade...!

I have enclosed a link to my facebook page for some of the silly things she was doing last night (Mary Elizabeth Wilson, or MRZ Farms). Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.235608133125836.66762.100000299539018&l=fcf3daceea

Thanks again to everyone who responded with good advice and wishes. They worked!!

So thankful you gave this little gal a chance
default_aktion033.gif
looks like you're doing a great job! Wonderful pics,thanks for sharing.

Lordy, those photos are crazy and to think the vet thought the cast was holding up well, wasnt moving or too loose. She sure was testing her cast big time. She looks awesome, what a great Mommy you are....thevet did a great job with her cast too!!

Oh my gosh Mary, I just LOVE Cher! She is so funny. I'm glad she is doing well. Thanks for sharing
default_smile.png

so glad that everything is doing really well for your little filly!! what a spunky little thing!! hope she keeps improving and going well
default_smile.png

cute little thing
default_wub.png

Lordy, those photos are crazy and to think the vet thought the cast was holding up well, wasnt moving or too loose. She sure was testing her cast big time. She looks awesome, what a great Mommy you are....thevet did a great job with her cast too!!
He did do a great job with the cast. First 8-10 days, she took it pretty easy and laid around alot but the last week, she is more active and uses it like a crutch. She was particularly silly last night because we had our 3 1/2 year old grandson out and you know how those babies like to impress each other. I am amazed and very grateful.

I missed the original thread, but I'm so happy she's feeling so well!!! That's awesome!

Wow she sure does look great,
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
you and your vet are doing a great job. Well done. She is just gorgeous
wub.gif

default_aktion033.gif

Congrats! She looks like she is doing great!!! She sure is a spunky little thing......

Looks to me like she is going to breeze through this little bump in her road.

Hugs

Bonnie

Latest posts

Back