Update on Champ, starved mini colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please let me know if you can see the video. And if you can access all my pics
default_wacko.png

Amazing that he looks so bright and alert! Thanks for posting the link and continued prayers for his successful recovery!

It is absolutely amazing what kind of "life" this colt has. I've known well-cared for but bored trail horses with less life in their eyes than this! He reminds me of a Nazi Concentration Camp victim (no disrespect to anyone from WWII)!

Is there an estimate on what time will be required for full (if that is possible) recovery?

He looks 100% better already! Of course the second his feet left his old home he was looking better. I hate to think of the damage done to him by the starvation at an age of growth and his need to feed off his muscle tissue and internal organs. I think he has a looooong period of healing ahead of him but no one deserves a chance if he doesn't!

Thank you for posting an update. I am just at a loss for words to people who do this to their animals. Please keep us updated - DAILY - because I often think of him as soon as I wake and throughout the day wondering if he is doing okay.

Maybe MaryLou could pin this up for awhile and you just put updates in the pin up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhhhh - he looks so much better - his spirit is what just haunts me -- I pray that he is able to fully recover! OK - back to the tissues ! Please keep us updated regularly, we are all rooting for little Champ!

Stacy

Thanks all
default_biggrin.png
I will continue to post updates as soon as Alaqua posts them. He could not be in a better or more loving place. He has a baby sitter each over night, in the barn with him
default_wub.png
and so many people are pulling for him! Yeah Champ!!!

He is simply amazing. I hope in a few months we are seeing him having a shine to his coat and a spring in his step, although he looks way brighter than I could even imagine right now.

I do know of one other horse that was in very bad condition as a youngster and has recovered wonderfully. He is showing with us this year and was just AMHA Central Region Reserve Champion in Multicolor. Remarkeable for a horse the vet didn't expect to live out the week. He's a happy, healthy horse. Maybe his owner will come on here and tell you his story.

I sure do hope the place where he came from doesn't have control of any other animals!

Thank you so much for keeping us updated. We are all wondering and thinking about him every day.

Charlotte

Many thanks for the update - I have been thinking about him constantly and wondering.........

So pleased to find that he is still fighting - what an amazing little guy - how he can still be standing in that condition - how can he be so sweet and innocently loving after what has happened to him - I am moved to more tears, bless him.

Please thank the wonderful folk taking so much care of him and let us have more updates as soon as you hear anything.

Prayers are continuing for him and those looking after him.

Anna

Thanks for the update, wonderful to see him on green grass and with a shine in his eyes!

Jan

Thanks for posting an update. I was hunting for one yesterday and earlier today. What a will to live this little guy has. Like Stacy, I had to reach for the kleenex. Please update us as you can.

GO CHAMP!!!!!

Barbie

His Spirit and Will to LIVE just shines.........Bless him. Thank you for sharing this.

l just can't get this little one out of my mind , he really is special

This little boy is colored like my Izzy girl who is 2. My heart breaks at the thought of what has endured.
no.gif
May he continue to beat the odds and become a shining example of what some good in this world can do.

Oh! I am so glad to see this update tonight. I was thinking about Champ and hoping and praying that things were still improving. He is such a beautiful little guy.

If he only knew how many people already are in love with him
default_wub.png

Thanks for posting Amanda

It still just amazes me to think that someone actually thought that this horses present condition was acceptable.

NO EXCUSE..... Still

Thank heaven for the caring individuals that have taken him in....

Latest posts

Back