Update on break in on Memorial Day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Someone, or more than one person broke into our house on Memorial Day. They have hit several homes on our road, some twice.

Talked with the County Sheriff again today, and got an up date.

This is what they have done.

NOTHING!!!

What is that about. Mostly I have gotten, unless they catch them in the act, they most likely will not catch them. They took guitars, 50 years of my Jewelry, and the only person checking pawn or musical instrument shops is me!!! Well, my oldest son too.

The Sheriff's department typed the report,,,is that all my tax money is worth??

Just frustrated,,,I still can't sleep, my Grandmothers brooch is out there, with my diamond from my late husband,,,and no one cares.

I understand it can be hard to track, but dang, you sure won't catch them by doing nothing.

Still don't like my house much any more, but I can at least walk in to it now and not spend an hour looking for someone.

I'm sorry you haven't got much help
default_no.gif
. My aunts house was broken into twice,they found the teens who did it. The crooks got pulled over with prescriptions that didn't belong to them
default_laugh.png
. Have you talked to your neighbors,maybe designate eachother to different pawn shops etc.Have you been watching craigslist and other sale boards? I checkout 2 other places in Indiana that do advertising. I really hope they get these people,hope you get some good news
default_saludando.gif

That's terrible Carolyn...they did the same thing to us...came over, wrote a report, and that's about it.

The day it happened, we got home around 5pm...after all the fuss, the next day my Mom and I spent 5 hours calling every pawn shop in the yellow pages. Two hours after we were done, we got a call from the police that one of the pawn shop's I had called recognized some jewelry that I had explained and stalled the man and called the police...he was caught! The police then went to to the thiefs apartment and confiscated the majority of our things. He hadn't had time to get rid of hardly anything, thank heavens (including my Mom's 3K diamond ring that my father got her after 20 yrs of marriage).

If it hadn't been for our initiative, we would of never seen our things again...does make you wonder where your tax dollars go?

I hope they catch him/her/them and you get your belongings back. I am sorry this happened to you.

The scum bag who robbed us was suppose to pay restitution...we never saw that!

Nothing was done after my home robbery either. The day after the break-in I happened to notice that my shotgun had been moved. Called the police and told them, they dusted for prints, but said they couldn't find any because the stock was too dry. HUH???? That was the end of that.
default_gaah.gif

Carolyn, I feel for you.

We cannot even get 911 to answer the phone. If they had I wouldn't have lost my son.

They still don't answer a lot of the time and its three years later.

Our paramedics are the worst and we have no fire department.

Our law man is out to lunch and gone fishing more than anyone I know.

The only ones that can do anything about this is the county comission and they don't seem to think any of this is a big problem.

I have my hands tied and don't know where to go next. State can not over-rule county here, don't know about there but you can try to make waves and push it and see what happens.

I fully subscribe to the country's three S's; Shoot-Shovel-Ssh.

Our local sheiff says:"If they are still kicking, he has to do a bunch of paper work; IF NOT he'll just send the "County-Wagon" by

to pick up the problem & we'll not hear anything again about it!

Some counties just know how to save the tax payers on unwanted repeat business!

Does justice exist anymore? This really stinks and I empathize with you.
default_no.gif
Honestly, you are brave in my book because I'm not so sure I could continue to live there.

I pray "they" get these crooks!

Our cops are the same, because we are such a small town that doesn't have our own police we are thrown to whoever cares that day. They can't even agree as to what county we are in. We had dogs chase our minis numerous times, even had them on in video in our property going back to their yard, mulitple videos of them chasing the horses. But according to the police unless they hurt/kill a horse there was nothing they could do
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
I wish they would have told us that 2 months ago when this started, I would have shot them from the start. We were even told call the second the dogs are on your property and we will come out and shoot/catch them ourselves. We did and they showed up 2 hours later! He told us he had to finish his patrol before he came over and of course they were gone.

We also had a break in in broad daylight, but since nothing was taken they did nothing about it. Come to find out neighbors have been broke into as well, and it seems the person is hitting when we are not home. So this person knows our schedules which is a very scary thing
default_unsure.png
default_unsure.png

I have posted no tresspassing signs, put new deadbolts, put alarms on the windows and a main alarm in the main entrance. I even keep my bb gun (they don't need to know its not real lol) In plain sight next to my bed so they know I mean business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back