Triple Crown Grass Forage

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetiki

Reaction score
Having a hard time finding good hay around here, and I have been using Alfalfa cubes, but this seems easier and a little better for them. Anyone have experience with this product?

Karen

Im using it right now and I like it.

Lyn

Thanks for your reply. I bought a bag today and have given them a little they seem to like it. I hoping I can get the same milage out of a bag, I've been using a bag a week of alfalfa cubes. It looks like I can get more but I am not sure we'll see though.

Karen

I have used it for many years and really like it.I almost always use it for my babies when I wean them.It is easy for foals to digest and the protein content is always the same.It also comes in alfalfa in case you want higher protein.I don't feed it exclusively, but always keep some on hand.It is also great for a sick horse or 1 who is recovering.Good stuff IMO

I have used it also and really liked it. At $14 for 50lbs is a bit pricey and I would rather use regular longstem hay when I can get it. I think I am about to have to go back to back since my last batch of hay (2 months worth and paid for) was sold out from under me.

-Amy

My hay options right now are this or cubes. I don't think my old rescue pony is able to chew it well, so he's gonna get alfalfa cubes and others are going to get this. I don't mind paying for it, is it pricey yes, but hopefully this summer I'll be able to get some good hay but at this point no one has any. The anceint one as I call him he's 38-40 yrs old, was leaving some small wads yesterday but I'll see, he didn't seem to like it but its better than nothing, I'll give him a few more days and see how he does. I don't think they need straight alfalfa even though thats what they were getting. They should be getting plenty of protien from the feed, I'm feeding Born to Win but switching to Triple Cown's 30% supplement.

Karen

My hay options right now are this or cubes. I don't think my old rescue pony is able to chew it well, so he's gonna get alfalfa cubes and others are going to get this. I don't mind paying for it, is it pricey yes, but hopefully this summer I'll be able to get some good hay but at this point no one has any. The anceint one as I call him he's 38-40 yrs old, was leaving some small wads yesterday but I'll see, he didn't seem to like it but its better than nothing, I'll give him a few more days and see how he does. I don't think they need straight alfalfa even though thats what they were getting. They should be getting plenty of protien from the feed, I'm feeding Born to Win but switching to Triple Cown's 30% supplement.

Karen
You might check and see if you can get alfalfa/timothy mix cubes, they wouldn't be quite as rich as straight alfalfa cubes. I'd feed them, if I could get them. [Living in the middle of nowhere sucks, sometimes.]

I can but they are a special order and only from the other feed store I found which stocks the Grass and afalfa forage from triple crown. I have thought about getting those but the ancient one is just now getting to a good weight, he came to me in Nov from the local rescue a rack of bones, he's not fat but he's starting to look good. He eats the alfalfa cubes soaked and licks the bowl clean.
default_smile.png
He left some of the grass stuff but we'll see.

Karen

Latest posts

Back