tried out our new Barracuda hoof nipper today!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlawridge

Reaction score
All we can say is WOW! We are VERY pleased with these nippers and Dave says he will never go back to a regular nipper again! In fact his first word was "effortless". What a welcome relief, we feel we finally have the right tool for the job. They are very sharp, make the job much quicker, easy to stay on your cutting line with accuracy, easy to really see where you are cutting, makes fine tuning much easier. Now we can't wait to try them out on the big guys. Dave easily used them with one hand and I must add that he has only 30% strength and dexterity in that hand and arm after is was crushed in 1978.

We first chose Emily as she was quite overdue for a trim. Then we chose Little Prince, the dreaded black hooves....but Dave said there was no difference, one was just as easy as the other with these nippers. The only thing we would like to see is an indentation for a finger or thumb grip as when you are handling the nippers (when not cutting) they are a bit front heavy and can slide in your hand slightly. Another really nice thing is the nippers open back up by themselves after each cut, you do not need to manually open them, plus the handles stay closed enough for you to easily re-grip.

With 27 equine from 17hh to 21.50 inches, these nippers are truly a Godsend. Because of the severe angle to the blades, it really allows you to be very precise and also to get into problems hooves. One of our adopted dwarfs has collapsed hoofs, and walks on the sides (plus they are black
default_wacko.png
). This will no longer be a major job to do her little tootsies
default_aktion033.gif

Hope these quick video links work okay for you of our first trial today. Even though the company photo shows holding the nippers the opposite way, Dave preferred the way he is holding them in this video. Am trying to get the best one loaded but it is having some problems so I may have to edit this post with the video clip I had really wanted to show you. At least these other two give you an idea. Please excuse muddy hooves, it rained last night and even though it was cold and windy today the horses really want out.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I have got to see the video clip. Where is it? I didn't see the link to the video.

Thanks for the information on the nippers.

Carlene

I'm sorry but Photobucket just doesn't want to cooperate tonight.
default_sad.png
Really have tried to upload the better video for you but it keeps jamming up. Maybe it will work tomorrow.

Thanks, we have been thinking of getting these nippers.

That might be a perfect christmas gift for hubby. LOL

That looks great! Easy, quick and simple this is what we need.

Where did you get them?

Thanks for sharing

A

Where did you purchase the nippers --- and where do you get replacement blades?

JJay

For those interested in purchasing these nippers -- I emailed them -- and this is the response I got:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 11:50 AM

To: Judith Jay

Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]

Subject: Judith request for Barracuda

Dear Judith,

Thank you for your inquiry about the Barracuda Hoof Trimmer! You may order through us.

The price of the Barracuda Hoof Trimmer is $95 plus shipping/handling of $25, if mailed in the Continental U.S., for a total investment of $120. The Barracuda comes with Chisel tip replacement blades already pre-installed, and is included in the purchase price of the trimmer.

Additional replacement blades cost $20 plus shipping/handling of $5, if mailed in the Continental U.S.

We have two different types of blades:

1) The Chisel tip which comes with the Barracuda - this is a universal blade designed for trimming a wide variety of hoofed animals, from drafts to miniatures to donkeys and goats.

2) The Sharp tip replacement blade is an aggressive blade that cuts extremely sharp and flat, and was designed with a very hard hoof in mind.

The blades are designed to be replaced, so you will never be without a trimmer, as long as you have an extra set of replacement blades on hand!

Let us know if you would like to place an order. We accept personal checks or cashier's checks, made payable to Innovative Concepts, LLC. Also, let us know name and address for shipping.

Payment can be sent to:

Innovative Concepts, LLC

Atten: Dave Litzen/Joe Schneller

2693C Commerce Road

Rapid City, SD 57702

Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Brenda Schneller

Director of Marketing

Innovative Concepts, LLC

[email protected]

Yup, through Innovative Concepts and contact with Brenda. www.hooftrimmer.org She is a really nice gal and very helpful. Their office is only 2 hours from me so I picked mine up and had a good conversation with one the gals there. She also said they do not have any distributors right now and are doing their sales directly. We just can't say enough good about these nippers! My husband Dave is a trained farrier and over the past 18 or so years he has used several different nippers. I have never seen him so happy with one as he is with these. Here's the third clip which I wanted to show you how quickly and easily a whole hoof nipping was done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back