Traveling through Illinois to Horse Shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amoreminiatures

Reaction score
I was sent this infomation and thought with alot of folks heading to the Area Show in Gordyville Rantoul,Illinois this might be important infomation
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Illinois will begin using photo radar in freeway work zones in July. One

mile per hour over the speed limit and the machine will get you a nice

$375.00 ticket in the mail. Beginning July 1st, the State of Illinois

will begin using the speed cameras in areas designated as "Work Zones" on

major freeways. Anyone caught by these devices will be mailed a $375.00

ticket for the FIRST offense. The SECOND offense will cost $1000.00 and

comes with a 90-Day suspension. Drivers will also receive demerit points

against their license, which allow insurance companies to raise Insurance

rates.

This is the harshest penalty structure ever set for a governmental unit

involving PHOTO speed enforcement. The State already has two camera vans

on line issuing tickets 24/7 in work zones with speed limits lowered to 45

MPH. Photos of both the Driver's face and License plate are taken. Pass

this on to everyone you know who might be affected!!!

For more info:

http://www.illinois.gov/PressReleases/Show...amp;RecNum=7475

Please follow the link above and check it out for yourself ~ Be Careful going to the shows
default_saludando.gif

Janice Silvio

Amore' Miniatures & Shetland Ponies

:arg! I'm sure there are people who live in IL and love it...but I hate driving through it! 55 mph and now this!
default_wacko.png

Thanks for informing us, we're done showing in IL for the season and I know a lot of people in our club are that live here in Mo are. However there are other shows that maybe going on that I'm not aware of and it pays to take heed of your warning and I will certainly pass it along to the people I know and remember it for next show season. Thanks for the heads up. TJ

Who in their right mind would love it? I sure don't know anyone who does. What a P~I~T~A. However, it's not as "new" and upcoming as the press release makes out. It's already been used in the construction areas in the western suburbs of Chicago. You can always tell when they must be trying to make money..... the rapidity w/ which you can see the camera flash means they can be raking in well more than $50,000 an hour. Hubby has seen it at least twice.

AHR

Thanks for the heads up, many of us will be traveling to Congress through IL. Will be borrowing this post for a pony forum.

Thanks again!

I really don't see what people are mad about. If you obey the law, you have nothing to fear. Why do they have the speed limit lower in construction zones? It is a safety reason I would assume. So, go the speed limit and you should be fine. Sounds pretty simple to me.

illinois is broke. they are even talking about closing the state schools for the visually impaired and the hearing impaired and mainstreaming these students.

anything the government can do to increase revenue in the state is being done and this is just another example of it.

crponies, it's a safety issue. if you hit a road worker, you face a $10,000 fine and 14 years in prison.
default_new_shocked.gif

I understand and agree that people travel way to fast on the road these days and if I were a highway construction worker I would really appreciate everyone slowing down but ONE MILE over the speed limit??? That can often be very difficult to hold to as your spedometer may or may not be totally accurate. If that is really what they are doing then I would want to travel a few miles under the limit to be sure I wasn't speeding - who can afford fines like that??? I could see if it was 10 miles per hour over........

My issue isn't with the construstion zones. It's with the normal enforced highway speed of 55 mph. I always try to find a trucker who's going over the limit and drive behind him to get through the state faster.

Here is a link to the information about this at Snopes (an urban legend website). There is some truth to this, but there are also a few inaccuracies and this article discusses those inaccuracies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back