Training has begun

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Sooo! It took them awhile to get her in the trailer. Then it was off to fuel up and head for Elma. They said when they got there about 3 hrs later Duckie was very calm just walked off the trailer looked around found the grass and went right to nibbling. Not a concern in the world.

Tomorrow she starts school with Dorothy and I hope all goes well. I know that Dorothy is a great teacher I just hope and pray that Duckie will be a good pupil.
default_biggrin.png

Can't wait to go visit her myself and see how she is progressing. I know Dorothy will keep me informed on her progress but it would be great to see it for my own eyes.

Wish us luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Duckie has started her training. Does she look surprised at this point?

Duckieinharnessday1A.jpg

Here she notices Dorothy has the camera aimed at her and wants a close up

Duckielookingatcamera.jpg

And one more of her harnessed and I think asking why

Duckieinharnessday1.jpg

Those are much better pictures than the ones you've shown of her in the past- she's a very pretty mare! She looks great in the harness and I'm impressed she's already wearing the full gear on her first day. Keep us updated on her progress!

Leia

Nothing seems to affect Duckie much. Put a saddle on her once and her attitude was, fine I'll carry it for you. She lives in town so not worried about sirens and even likes to watch the fireworks with the group on the 4th. She just don't like getting in that dang ole trailer but Dorothy is working on that also. She said Duckie is a thinking horse which is great. She has to realize you mean it then she just stepped right in for Dorothy. She even accepted the bit no problem. I don't think it will be long before she has the poles hooked up and then the cart. Honestly this girl can trot. I can't wait to see her hitched and trotting on. I'm really excited about this.
default_biggrin.png

Thank you everyone I've always thought Duckie was a pretty mare. Inside and out. She does have a mind of her own at times though. Dorothy is finding that out quickly. New place and a stallion who is very cute and plenty of grass and Duckie is easily distracted.

Right now I plan to save money up to get Koda trained next year. Now that he's gelded and 5yo he will of course be 6yo next year he should be settled down and able to leave his daddy behind for a few months for training. I don't know who is going to drive all these horses but they will be trained. Not just standing around being sweet and loveable.

Latest posts

Back