TOTALLY awesome product review

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniwhinny

Reaction score
I'm not big into doing product reviews because there's so much cool stuff out there but I just HAVE to share this one. Last week hubby bought me a FLIP mino HD video camera. I've been "borrowing" my sons Flip mino but really wanted to try the HD version. I took it to my sons track competition on Thursday (at the Historic Hayward Field...goosebumps) to get some video of him.

I'm VERY impressed.

It's smaller than my cell phone.

minoHD01.jpg

You don't need any cables to download...it has it's own pop out usb. Software is in the video and downloads to your computer the first time you use it. Software is very easy to use. What I like the most is that you can isolate every frame AND with them being HD the quality is superb. I have a Canon XT Eos Rebel and the still's from this little vid are 100% as good...not only that - with a still camera you have to try to get the best shot..with this you KNOW you got it. Comes with a jack to watch through your TV too. Holds 60 mins of video and the battery charges from your computer and lasts way longer than how much video you can take.

So here's the full length video (sorry...dumb me forgot to upload in HD so this is as bad as it gets and it's still good) (Oh and for anyone into track...that guy to the far left is decathalete Ashton Eaton and the guy kneeling on the grass next to the girl with the white shirt is the current WORLD record holder for 60-65 year old pole vaulters...quite an elite competition)

This is just one isolated shot from that video...not one hint of blurr - totally crystal clear just like you'd get from a camera.

minoHD02.jpg

and here is an isolated clip from that shot

minoHD03.jpg

All in all I'm VERY impressed and would recommend this to anyone.

Ease of use I give a 10

Quality a 10

Cost for value 10

Thanks for the review, I was just thinking today that I need to get a new vidoe recorder. Great photos also. I think I will have to look into getting one.

100% got for it ! But make sure you get the HD version. The clarity is superb and these things are tiny. Plus if you want to isolate a single frame there's a section in the software program to do that...it isolates every single frame and you can just scroll through and find the one you want.

Price...$179.99 from Costco and comes with a cool tripod, case and cable for viewing through the TV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back