A letter from the president of AMHA to the members

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfmini

Reaction score
I wanted to share this letter with those of you not on the distribution list for member emails. For those of you who are members and don't receive the periodic emails, please contact Alison (maybe wait until after the world show) and ask to be added on.

As you can see from Mike's letter, Alison and the others are taking on extra duties so please wait until after the world show to make your request.

Members of the Board will also be stepping in and helping where we can as well.

:aktion033:

Mike Want, AMHA President

Dear AMHA Members,

Are you ready for the World Show? The AMHA Office is a flurry of activity making the final arrangements for this event. Be sure to read this whole letter to hear just how many horses are making the trip to Fort Worth!

On Monday, September 17, Kristy Mackey fell and broke her ankle in three places while walking her dog. It was a compound fracture that required surgery, and Kristy is just now beginning the long journey of healing. Kristy is the Show Department Director and Office Manager, and we will definetly feel the loss of her knowledgeable presence. However, the AMHA office staff have cohesively come together to see us through at this, our busiest time of the year, and just one week before the World Show. Alison, Randy, Melanie, Pam and Quintin had a meeting and have already worked out a personnel schedule for the World Show.

The stall draw has been completed as many of your know. And, that is exactly what it is – a draw. No matter where you are in the barns, we will have a great show. Questions on stalls, etc should be directed to Show Manager Laura Mullen. Unless it is necessary, our office staff should not be contacted regarding stall assignments so they can focus their overtaxed time on the show and its functions.

The magazine with our new editor has taken off with results that are breathtaking. We are up more than 70 pages of advertising over last years World Show issue, and will be enjoying an almost 400 page October/November Miniature Horse World. Along with the magazine, each subscriber will be receiving a complimentary copy of the 2008 AMHA calendar. We will have a limited supply of extra calendars available for sale at the World Show, and from the office.

Quintin and our Computer committee, along with Mark Haupt of horsestudbook.com were scheduled to meet on the 17th of this month to review our computer software project. This meeting will review the agreement of approximately one year ago, and check on the status of the progress, what work remains to be accomplished, and where we are in terms of moving forward. Due to scheduling conflicts, this meeting has been postponed, but will be rescheduled within the coming weeks. We have been having conference calls every two weeks while working on the Show aspect of the program, and a complete report will be made to the board and membership after this meeting.

Again, Registration has been very busy during this time of year, and we are registering approximately 60 foals a day along with all the work transactions in the department. We appreciate their staff’s efforts. I would like to see the members be a little kinder to our individual staff in Registration, who are trying to help make it all work. Sometimes things are NOT their fault, but people make it seem that way, and take it out on them. This gets very frustrating, and I hope that we can continue to provide resources and answers for our members on the various Registration processes, so this does not happen so often.

Nominations for AMHA Director elections are due October 12 for Regions 8, 9, 10, 11 and 13. Nomination forms and information has already been mailed to every AMHA household in those regions. I urge you all to give this thought, use business sense and nominate individuals you know are capable of serving this association. Remember – this is not a popularity contest. Each director gives of their time and knowledge, and capable directors are key to this Association’s success.

On a good note, the report came back to me that our World Show entries are up, and the BARNS ARE FULL! We have at last report approximately 140 more horses (970 as of today NOT counting sale horses) than last year, and classes are very large. This is great news, and shows that the AMHA is strong and our members are showing their horses. Only a year ago, the rumors were that we were going out of business, and here we are – days away from the largest World Show in quite some time. With all the new “happenings” etc, the main backbone of our industry, our members, have been great. They have seen through the smoke that there may have been and clearly see the direction we are headed.

For anyone unable to attend the show in person be sure to log onto our website and use the webcam to view all the activity at the Show. For those packing and getting ready to head to Fort Worth, I wish you all a safe trip to the World Show and good luck during the competition!

See you soon,

Mike Want

AMHA President

:aktion033: :aktion033:

Jody,

Thanks for sharing this letter...it all sounds FANTASTIC!!!!! I can't wait to leave next week for Texas :risa8: :risa8: :risa8: ...I love the fact that the barns are full :aktion033:

Also, the Performance stakes classes are going to be bigger this year too...what a wonderful way to get our young driving horses out there on level playing field
default_thumbup.gif
:

Lis

p.s will the "pup" be joining you??? And, if you ever need a pup sitter
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
: well...my arms are always available
default_yes.gif
:

I heard this report yesterday and am so excited!! It's such great news! :aktion033: :aktion033:

I figure all of the additional entries will be in my classes!
default_wacko.png
:

Frantically trying to get everything ready now to leave next Wednesday. I'm so looking forward to it! Everybody be sure to stop and say 'hi'. We'll be in the Richardson Bass Bldg. I'll be clipping horses...... :saludando:

Latest posts

Back