today is veterans day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMCshamusmom

Reaction score
many members here have family and friends on active duty. Thank them for what they are doing for us and their country. Help a family member of one fallen in service to our country to know their loved ones will not be forgotten and that their sacrifices are honored and valued. until the day we no longer need our military we need to let them know they are appreciated and will not be forgotten.

here you will find a link to something very dear to my heart. God Bless our veterans, God Bless our fallen heroes.

www.one3quilts.com/mission.shtml

Many thanks and may God Bless you and all our men/women in the Military!
aktion033.gif

Thanks. My son leaves Monday for Iraq and his wife has been there since October. You are right, many have given so much for us it should never be forgotten.

My hubby served 18 months over seas in Kuwait, and if he could do it now he would be there in a heartbeat!! My hubby loves the Lord first, then me and our children, then I would say his country!!! We are a very patriotic family and I thank all our troops serving at home and abroud for all their many sacrifices!! Thank God for blessing us with people that love their country enough to defend it and others so they too may have the freedom we so take for granted!

My heart hurts every time I hear of a solders death.......... Lee retired from the Air Force in 1989 after 21 years of service............. He was shipped off to serve a year in Vietnam. Our son was 3 months old before Lee got to see him. I am so thankful that he made it through the war & we have been together for 35 years now. My heart aches for the young married couples especially that do not even get a chance to live their lives together. So terribly sad.

Check out what I found just last week on the internet!

Grandfather on USS Ancon in WWII

That's my grandfather Roy Ballard in the background between the two Big Wigs shaking hands. He was just 21! He entered the navy the day after Pearl Harbor.

My mother and I were really thrilled to find that.
biggrin.gif
We had no idea that this photograph even existed. Wish Grandma and Grandpa were still around to show them.

Grandpa never talked too much about the war. Now I wish I would have asked him to record some memories on tape. I wasn't interested back then but I am now.
no.gif

I am proud of my "Poppa".
smile.gif

Daryl

Thank you for a wonderful thread. So often we are so cought up in "TODAY" that we forget that there were SO MANY before us that made huge sacrifices for our country. God bless all of our past, present and future heroes...

Just wanted to share.....

I went to an estate sale in our neighberhood today and an older gentleman showed up there in his military uniform from the Korean War. He was a Corporal.

I asked him about his service and then thanked him.....and briefly told him about our son inlaw who had served in Iraq.

He gave me a military salute and said, "bless you". I almost cried and wanted to give him a hug.

I don't know about you.....but it's been a long time since I have seen a Veteran's Day honored with so much heart.

MA

I called my BIL and thanked him and wished him a happy veterans day.......he served for 20 years and is now retired he was under the ocean somewhere over there during the first gulf war ......... my grand father served in wwII and korea and has passed, we had uncles who also served in wwII and korea, I even have a relative who served in the US cavalry now he has some great stories to tell.......

Daryl that is a great photo......I never was interested in the history of the wars etc.....until after grandpa passed so like you I often wonder what I am missing.....I did discover the relative who served in the cavalry and we spent a good weekend talking about that it was amazing....and to think he has seen this country go from a horseback military to what we have now ....unbelievable.....

Latest posts

Back