Thumbelina's Title May be Stolen

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed I feel bad I'd probably be pretty devastated right now especially not asking for a critique
The thing is, as already mentioned...it is on National television, You-tube...and more. I have been on several other horse related forums where this sweet lil guy is being discussed, and this one is by FAR the kindest...sorry...but true. We, as fellow miniature enthusiasts understand that many miniature foals are born looking a little off, proportionately, but they will (most of them) grow out of it; so we tend to be more understanding. The other breed folks, well, not so much.
default_sad.png
When one presents themselves or thier animals to public scrutiny, one must take the bad, with the good. You cannot think everyone is going to just look, and not make comments/judgements of one kind or another.

As far as putting one of my horses up for discussion, what the heck. I am as hard a critic to my animals as anyone here. Anyone wants to pick them apart...go right ahead...but be prepared to place yours beside mine for the same.
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png
EVeryone has an opinion, thank gopodness...and I don't think anyone here has been cruel or judgemental...simply concerned for our breed, and what good or bad press the breed is geting out of this.

The breeder,- being as experienced as she is, has had many foals under her belt, and she is confident that the wee fellow is normal..

She has most likely seen a dwarf or two in her time, and knows he is not one.

I am also certain that she understands the concerns of some that have made comments about him being the size of a dwarf. But he does not have the traits of a dwarf.

She is breaking history with her lil fellow, and wants to share her joy with everyone.

We should all be happy that this little felow was born under the hands of someone so experienced, that is well qualified to raise such a rare and unique size of a miniature horse.

My son was born with a huge head in comparison with his body. Well, he grew into it and looks like your average 13 year old boy.
Ouch Deb! I hope you had a little something!
default_poke.gif

My son was born with a huge head in comparison with his body. Well, he grew into it and looks like your average 13 year old boy.
Ouch Deb! I hope you had a little something!
default_poke.gif

I sure did Deb!! He was a pain then and continues to be but love him all the same.
default_biggrin.png

Wasn't going to reply to this but I just saw him on a show this morning and I really don't see what the big deal is. I think plenty of the smaller " A " size breeders have seen a baby or two close to his size at birth. I have a little mare now that was 16" at that age, she is perfectly normal and measures around 26" at three years. I haven't put a stick to her lately but she is literally knee high. So why all the fuss over this one ???? He is pretty cute but then again most, if not all are totally adorable !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone Just a thank you to all for their interest in Einstein. We are not trying to have all the answers. The future is not ours, it is left to time. No one is deciding now if he will be a stallion or a gelding - time will tell. Einstein at this time is a beautiful baby. His new owner have his best interest at heart. I assure all of you he measured 14" at birth and weighed 6 pounds. I did it three times just to be sure. He is very refined and though healthy, he had no extra weight on him. In fact I was surprised he was a living foal. His dam is a good mare and you can see him gaining daily. He has brought great joy to all of us here at the farm. To watch him run and play is the high light of my day. Continue the interest and the comments, we appreciate everyones point of veiw. Larry and Judy Smith, Tiz Minis Home of Einstein and so much more. We love all of our minis.

Great to hear from you Judy
default_biggrin.png
Your little guy is so cute.

This thread was only started as a discussion and to hear points of view; I'm so glad you recognised that
default_smile.png
I'm sure that no one has questioned your love and devotion to your horses and the breed itself. I look forward to hearing more about the little squirt
default_wink.png

Well...that answered my only question....is he really six pounds....Judy says yes....she measured and weighed him three times.....so it is yes....and I would say then that is a record. I have had some small foals born here....fifteen and sixteen inches at birth, but "NEVER" anything even close to six pounds.....that is a miracle! I cannot even imagine it.....my jack russell weighs seventeen pounds and she is a short one.....(she eats well) LOL.....anyway....congratulations and best of luck with that little miracle foal.

Hi everyone Just a thank you to all for their interest in Einstein. We are not trying to have all the answers. The future is not ours, it is left to time. No one is deciding now if he will be a stallion or a gelding - time will tell. Einstein at this time is a beautiful baby. His new owner have his best interest at heart. I assure all of you he measured 14" at birth and weighed 6 pounds. I did it three times just to be sure. He is very refined and though healthy, he had no extra weight on him. In fact I was surprised he was a living foal. His dam is a good mare and you can see him gaining daily. He has brought great joy to all of us here at the farm. To watch him run and play is the high light of my day. Continue the interest and the comments, we appreciate everyones point of veiw. Larry and Judy Smith, Tiz Minis Home of Einstein and so much more. We love all of our minis.

Thank you for coming on and sharing your first-hand knowledge of him. He's adorable and obviously well loved by many.

I appreciate your honesty and respect you for whatever decisions are made. My mother would have referred to you as "classy people."
smile.gif

Judy: This little boy of yours is darn special! Thank you for sharing him with us
wub.gif
And I know how much happiness my minis give me every day, so I can only imagine what having such a gem in your pastures must be like!

Judy,

You are very gracious.

I think Einstein is absolutely precious and I wish he was mine
default_wub.png

Judy,

I too am so glad you came on also and told us about him.

I would love to own him! :) It is a dream of mine to raise TINY minis!!

And I agree with you totally that at this age you can't know if he should stay a stallion or not. And when he is mature it would be up to the owner anyway!

Susan O.

Latest posts

Back