Those of you lucky enough to go to the Daffy....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa Strass

Reaction score
Who went to the Daffodil Dandy in Glen Rose this weekend, and how did you do? I had REALLY hoped to go, but didn't make it, so please share your results and pictures!

Hey Lisa! I looked for you!
default_sad.png
We had a pretty good show in the shetland division. My husband's mare, Heaven's Gate Special Design took 4th under both judges out of 11! I was thrilled! Rusty chickened out of showing when I informed him that he had 11 horses in his class, so I got to show her(which I had been hopeing he'd let me do!). She also had a good liberty run. Rosie (another shetland) did very well in obstacle and we won our Open showmanship class. Liberty was late and Rosie had stayed up late the night before for Obstacle, so she was pretty pooped when it came to liberty. The one mini I took, LLO Night in the Brig handled her first show very well. Didn't place as well as I thought she should have in her halter classes but was pleased she took everything in stride. Brig is a very well put together mare and placed under some pretty thick mares. A little strange compared to other shows in the past but that's how the cookie crumbles!

Next mini show is Belton, TX!

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it. Was looking forward to seeing you again. The 2006 Daffodil Dandy was a HUGE success! Thanks to all of the exhibitors that came out to support the show. We had 280 horses with well over 900 class entries. The show did run late friday night (took 12 hours to run the performance part of the show), but the halter and driving classes moved along pretty well.

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands did very well also. Our Foundation Classic Mare, Michigan's Two Tone Taffy won her open class, the Jr. Championship and Grand Championship under both judges. She now has all of her Grands towards her Halter Hall of Fame. Fiddlestix Black Hawk won his open class, the Jr. Championship and Grand Championship under both juges and he too has all of his grands towards his Halter Hall of Fame. They both returned on Sunday afternoon for the Foundation Champion of Champion class and Michigan's Two Tone Taffy won the Foundation Champion of Champion under both judges. Boy was I suprised when they announced her name! Our Classic Roadster pony, Whiskey on the Rocks won his open class and the Roadster Stakes, and we had some very stiff competition in the Classic mare classes with our mare, Fiddlestix Silver Symphony.

The entry date for our June Jubliee show is May 9th (show bill had printed April 9th) so if you still want to come there's plenty of time to get those entries in. If any of you would like a show bill you can go to the ASPC/AMHR Club of North Texas website: http://www.aspcamhrntexas.com and you can print out the entry form along with the show bill.

Again, Thanks to all of you that came and supported the show!

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands

Burleson Texas

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a show. My Amateur Halter Obstacle class was at 3am!!! Shades of Nationals!! Yep, I decided to come out of "retirement" and start showing again--nothing like jumping in with the best Ammys in the country! Man, do I have to polish up my skills. At least we placed :bgrin .

Patty, on the other hand, did great and came home with the High Point Miniature Youth Award. She won 1st and 2nd in Versatility, Jumper both 1sts Under and Over, Hunter 1st and 2nd Under, both 1sts Over, Halter Obs 1st and 3rd Under, both 1sts over, 3rd in Showmanship both Under and Over, and won ALL her Youth driving classes (CP, Pleasure and Roadster Under, and Roadster Over). She went on to get Res Stakes in Roadster and Pleasure Under with her 29" mare SR Silver Mist, and Champ and Res Stakes in Roadster Over with SR Desert Sun.

Her main man, Erica's Gimmie Another Glance was the guy who did Hunter, Jumper, Showmanship, Versatility, and CP. He is off to Summer Camp at Parnell Stables to polish up his driving skills.

The Halter division was Nationals quality--so many top trainers! What horses!! We really need to step up our conditioning program. We weren't even in the running with most of our babies--yet.

The Halter division was Nationals quality--so many top trainers! What horses!! We really need to step up our conditioning program. We weren't even in the running with most of our babies--yet.

Yup, Dr. Pam! Area V has some STIFF competition in the halter division. One friend and I as we watched both mini and shetland competition commented that it was a "mini" Nationals and Congress. I was very happy with our placings.

Hi Lisa

Really sorry you could not make the show. It was a great turn out, and lots and lots of horses.. All the classes were very competitive for sure.. We would like to sen a big
default_cheers.gif
: to Sharon Stadler on Que Tee winning both the GRAND Champion Mare under divison , and to Jacque Mason for her Wall Street Rock E Doll E winning both Grand Champions in the Classic Mares and both Champion of Champions. And to the Laramores for winning Grand Champion Classic Gelding..

And last to Marriane and Robin of LK on their horses First time out winning both Res. Grands in the Stallion under divison.. :aktion033: :aktion033:

The entry date for our June Jubliee show is May 9th (show bill had printed April 9th) so if you still want to come there's plenty of time to get those entries in. If any of you would like a show bill you can go to the ASPC/AMHR Club of North Texas website: http://www.aspcamhrntexas.com and you can print out the entry form along with the show bill.

Again, Thanks to all of you that came and supported the show!

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands

Burleson Texas

*Whew* we thought we'd missed it! ACK!!

Lucy

Hi Lisa,

I was really bummed out when I found out you weren't going to make it. We are finally home and everyone is enjoying some time off after their long journey. We had a great time and were extremely pleased with the results of our first outing. Though they are moderns and not miniatures I still need to brag a little. Sabrina Brubaker's pony Hot Hot Heat was Grand Modern Pleasure Gelding and won the Modern Formal Pleasure Driving Stake. Cathy Brubaker's pony Stars and Stripes was Grand Modern Gelding and won the Harness Stake. Sherri Joliff's pony Cornerstone's Valliant Man was Grand Modern Stud and won the Roadster Stake and was Champion of Champions for the Moderns. Carolyn Scwartz's pony Rum Runner was the Grand Modern Pleasure Stud and Carolyn Henderson's pony Cadillac Mac won the Modern Country Pleasure Stake. It was a great show with lots of nice ponies and nice people. I am looking forward to making the trip again in the future !!
default_yes.gif
:

Amber

After just 2 1/2 months of driving training by Lisa Barnes, my 3 y.o. mare, WeeOkie's Enjoy the Masquerade, made her debut in country pleasure 34-36 (she measured in at 34.25"). There were 8-10 horses in the class, I think. She placed 3rd and 5th, with a major bobble in front of the judges. :no: Then Lisa took her back in for the Stakes class and she had a perfect run, placing 1st under both judges. I am so proud of her!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Rita

Amber,

I, for one, was very excited to see so many nice Moderns! I'll most likely never own one due to their maintance but my husband and I enjoyed the driving classes! It was a real treat to get to see them in action! My husband even commented (and he's a x-rodeo guy) that he'd like to have one if it wasn't for all the fancy feet work.

Latest posts

Back