Theresa at Rockin r

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Royal Crescent

Reaction score
I saw a post on the back porch about lighting a candle for her, but since I just started reading there, I did not see why. I lit one for her, but would like to know what i am wishing for her, besides a return to health. I saw enough to gather that. If you are reading this Theresa, I don't mean to pry, just would like to know what to wish for you and others that have been stricken by illnesses or misfortune.
default_pray.gif

Barb

I saw a post on the back porch about lighting a candle for her, but since I just started reading there, I did not see why. I lit one for her, but would like to know what i am wishing for her, besides a return to health. I saw enough to gather that. If you are reading this Theresa, I don't mean to pry, just would like to know what to wish for you and others that have been stricken by illnesses or misfortune.
default_pray.gif
Barb
Barb you are very kind as is everyone else on this forum. We are all praying for a miracle to find a Dr. to save my life, or at least give us a few more years. I have an inoperable vascular disease that is either in the end stages or are close to it. In essence my arteries are turning into vaicosities that has affected my liver, colon, ovary and now my heart, numerous benign tumors that are bleeding.. I have a Interventional Radiologist/Gamma Knife Surgeon that is trying to help me but he needs more studys done and another Dr. to assist him. He contacted an I.R. in Ca. he declined and wished him luck last week. Now he is talking with an I.R. in Washington state. Apparently this is very rare, mostly found in babies and adolesents. If treated at that age it is operable. Because I am 50 no one is willing to or knows how to treat it. Since is it my arteries that is affected, they can not be removed. If it was a venuos disease, they could remove the veins. I am doing well, weight has pretty much stabilized at 112 lbs. Today was the first time I have been to the mare barn since Miranda passed. I got off work early, Art was at work, so I got on the riding mower and off I went, no one to stop me! As soon as I saw Miranda's stall plate, I cried. I went in and sat in the middle of her stall with Ziggi and cried some more. Ziggi probably thought that I was nuts! She just stood next me. Then we went outside and played, Ziggi, Cricket, Dreamer and I. It felt so good to be with my babies again!!! I have not been with them since November last year...
default_no.gif
I was there for about an hour and I looked up at the pasture gate and there stood Art
default_new_shocked.gif
BUSTED!!! He asked how long I had been playing, and said that was long enough time to go in. We were in the house about 20 mins and would'nt you know it, nose bled...Art called the Dr. he asked what color the blood was Art told him it was bright red he said to relax and take it easy, if the blood gets dark go to the ER. Art ratted me out!!! So I got my butt chewed by the Dr. and Art. The bleeding stopped, never got dark. So now I am grounded again
default_wacko.png
50 yrs old and grounded! But I don't care, today was precious to me. It was warm, breezy and I was surrounded by my babies, would I do it again? In a heartbeat!!!! Thanks for thinking, praying and lighting all those candles for me everyone.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Theresa

Theresa, I think of you often and you are always in my prayers.
default_pray.gif
I'm so glad you had an hour to enjoy your horses again, it's something most of us just take for granted. Tomorrow when I go out, I am going to give all my horses and donkeys a treat and realize how lucky I am. I pray you have many more wonderful days too. Please hang in their and stay strong. Hugs to you.

Ah Theresa, it's good to hear from you here, I've thought of you many times. It's grand that you were able to go out & have fun with your babies...even if you weren't really supposed to be out there!

Hopefully you will get many more opportunities to spend time out there with them!

Theresa-

Glad you got some time with your babies, but please take care. I keep praying that you'll get the care you need, and soon. Behave yourself.

Hugs!!!

Barbie

{{{{{{Theresa}}}}}}
default_wub.png

I told you to keep still! But how can you not go out and visit your kids? You gotta live and enjoy! That's what life is for.
default_yes.gif

Maybe Art can lead them to you up at the house so you can visit them?

My love & prayers to you

I know it must be hard for you to not go see your babies. One day at a time is all you can do and you will continue to be in my prayers
default_wub.png

I think Art needs to start bringing the babies up to the house for you. You need to be with them.

Still praying for a miracle.

default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif
:pray

Theresa I know what you mean about spending time with you kids. When I was going through my cancer treatments just going down to the barn was a special treat--just to sit and have the kids come visit and put their warm soft muzzles on your neck and have their warm breath on you.

As much as it means, please be careful. If Art can't bring the kids to the house have him with you at the barn for some special time but at least you will have someone with you.

You are in my continous thoughts and prayers.

Thank-you for letting me know. I hope that the coming months find your problem stabilized, even if it won't go away and that you can enjoy your kids over the summer. Sometimes, they have to consider the healing power of a beloved animal too. I don't blame you for wanting to be with them. I find them to be great therapy for me. I have MS and back problems. I feel emotionally and physically better when I spend time with my minis!

Take care of yourself.

Barb

Last edited by a moderator:
Theresa, It is so nice to hear from you. You are never far in my thoughts and always in my prayers. I am so glad you got to spend some precious time with all your kids, sometimes that can be the best medicine out. Please have Art, at your side when you decide to go out to the barn again, at leat that way if something would happen he would be there to help you, besides think of the good company he would be. Pack a lunch, grab two chairs and go and sit in your pasture with your kids.. it would be a memorable experience. (((Hugs)))

Corinne

Glad to hear you got to see and love on your babies... I hope Art will take you or bring them to you so you can just rub on their soft bodies. It squeezes my heart when I love on mine...

(((HUGS))) to you all...

I am so sorry, Theresa, to read that you are in such distress unable to even do the simplest of things...I wish there were something I could do to help, instead just know you're in my thoughts as I do all of these things I take for granted (in my barn and out chasing the fillies around to bond with them and get photos....).

I still wish for a recovery for you!

Liz

Latest posts

Back