The Summer That Never Was

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorningMist

Reaction score
As I look out my window to see the rain pouring down again, I think, "Can we possibly get any more rain?!" This seems to be "the summer that never was," full of rain, thunder, lightening, fog, and cold weather. We've barely had one decent warm week. Anyone else in the NE region getting this awful weather too?

Oh gosh! I would love some cool weather and some rain! Send it up to NW! It has been HOT HOT HOT, we have actually broken a record in vancouver BC as the hottest summer since some crazy long ago date!

sigh...it seems like its always either too hot or too cold this year!

I hate it!! For gosh sakes, fall is right around the corner, and then winter...... It's getting darker outside by the minute right now. Looks like it's about to downpour AGAIN.
default_no.gif

The weather everywhere seems to be crazy this year. We came within 1 degree of beating an all time low that was set in 1911 a week or so ago. July and August days in Missouri are usually in the mid to upper 90s and higher. This year we're having a lot of low 80 days and a few in the 70s. Good luck to those of you who are dealing with much more heat than you're used to.

I feel for the people getting rain, if it were me I would be going boncers!!!

Whereas over here we are getting lots of SUN SUN SUN
default_risa8.gif
:BananaHappy
default_488.gif
:SoCool I LOVE SUMMER!!!

Im with you Sydney, I cant stand it, I havent gone swimming once, Im wateing for a warm enough day to bathe the horses before fall, but, to no avail. A few weeks ago, we actually broke the record for the coldest summer since the 1800'S, its been raining non stop, and it gets down to the 50'S at night here
default_sad.png
Hopefully we will get a warm winter.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like our typical summer!
default_biggrin.png
I did not have one single day warm enough to clip and bath until JUNE this year, and then it went back to being chilly almost immediately. And yet the entire month of July has been insanely hot like all the sun we missed this entire spring is coming out at once. We broke our all-time highest night time low record on Tuesday night (it never got below 75 degrees) and then Wednesday we broke our all-time daily high record for any day, ever, since 1891. 102 in Seattle!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_no.gif
And lots of places locally read 106, 108, etc.
default_wacko.png

We're dying.

Frankly, both extremes suck. It's no fun being chilly all the time with winter getting closer and closer every day, but on the other hand this blistering heat in a region with little AC and clothing typically advertised as "waterproof" is not cheerful either. Summer is the only time we in the NW ever get outdoors in less than four layers, and now we're stuck in our houses for a whole different reason! :arg! I don't want to go back to 60 degree highs and low 50's at night, but this triple-digit thing has got to stop.
default_no.gif

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved from CT to TX in '87. The summer of '86 it rained friday to monday. Every single week, I dont think it skipped once. I am fixin to come back in a few days, wonder if your rain is my fault
default_rolleyes.gif

Been crappy here in Michigan too..I've been here 12 years and this is the worst summer ever..granted our summers are usually very short with the great lakes surrounding us...but it's normally way warmer than this..low to mid 70's...there has been rain more than usual too but it's not too bad..it's just the cold..tomotoe plants are having a hard time with no warm weather...It just plain sucks for boating and swimming!

Our summer too in Utah. Rained most of April, May and June. Then it stops raining and here come the 100 degree weather. What happened to the nice 70-80 degree weather. Its cooling off to the 90s now, but fall is a month away. Sheesh!

Its been very humid and hot and in the afternoons it rains. Its rained all day since noon and we had a tornado watch around 5 but all we got was heavy rain and a thunderstorm. its sprinkling now and going to be cloudy tomorrow and maybe more rain. i hope it changes. when it rains, it stays humid and hot, the temperature doesnt change a bit : ( I hate hot and humid weather.

We're having a really nice summer here. Some won't agree with me--those that like it HOT HOT HOT are not pleased with this summer, but I like it. I don't think we've had one single day that got above 85 or 86 and even the 85 degree days have been few & far between--mostly it's been more like 77 and sunny.

The bad thing is it has been very dry. Hay crops are rather sparse--and what hay there is has a lot of alfalfa in it--with the dry weather the alfalfa grows & the grass doesn't, so the normally grassy fields are now strong in alfalfa this year. Haying weather has been great--no real issue with getting the hay baled dry with no rain on it. Bad thing is with the perfect quality hay and the strong alfalfa, our hay is much too rich for some of our easy keeper Minis. If we could have had some early summer rains to go with the cooler temperatures, this would have been a PERFECT summer!!

Yesterday it rained (or tried to) all day--and it still didn't amount to anything. I iwll have to water the garden and some small trees today.
default_sad.png

Oh gosh--I LOVE this NY summer. I hate the heat, so 60-72 is perfect for me, so this is sweet, even hot. It's been perfect for kayaking and I've not had to bring horses in from 11-2 to cool off. It's hit the 80s just enough.
default_biggrin.png

I am worried about getting my hay with the near daily afternoon storms. Hopefully they're been very isolated and NOT over my hay guy's field every day. I have lots left from last year, but sure need some more. My hay guy should be calling soon....

Back