The rudest people ever!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Sterling! That is a good idea. I will keep it in mind for my future posts on craigslist
default_smile.png

boy Brandi, I thought it was just me that was feeling like that!!!
default_smile.png
I'll say it's not just your/our generation though...

I have been feeling pretty much in the exact same boat as you lately, only with a fellow dog show person who is a couple of years older than me. Found out that the 'friendship' is only good if she needs support, help, opinions, etc, etc. If I do, who am I again? Though I shouldn't really be surprised because she'd ask for my thoughts and opinions on things, which I would spend a lot of time explaining to her (let's just say she's not the sharpest tack), but because I'm 'newer' than her to the dog show world, my opinions mean jack. Learned that lesson the hard way....then she was all upset because her dogs weren't doing well, blah, blah, blah....again took the time to show her the other side of things. Yet when I was upset about having to put down 2 of our dogs...nothing....that was almost a month ago that we did that, and I am still upset and miss my big dogs. She emailed me just over a week ago to see how things were because she hadn't heard from me, so I said I was still really upset about having to put Sam & Bella down, that I'd see her at the show this weekend (which I ended up not going to since my dog was lame)....she said absolutely nothing to me regarding how I was feeling, but kept going on about she'd entered her dog in the show, but didn't think she'd show her because she'd done this and that and wasn't up to it...blah, blah, blah....still waiting to hear if she did make it to the show today...I KNOW she did. She is notorious for saying 'oh I don't think I'll go' then suddenly there she is!!!! Anyway, I have backed WAY off from her, because I do not want to say something I'm going to regret to her....but for the past year, she has frustrated me beyond words.....

*phew* ok, that's off my chest....

I too have a couple close friends....both are reaching the 60 mark. One I haven't seen for a year, and I dropped in to see her last week....it was like we'd seen each other the week before. I sooo miss that. We used to see each other pretty much weekly, but her life changed and we just don't catch up the way we did before. The other one is a very very close friend...more like my second mother (and man, my mother gets jealous of it!!!!). She's helped me through a lot of tough decisions.....

anyway, no, it's not just you....

~kathryn

I know I don't live there, but I am POSITIVE we must have the same friend, maybe twins (both evil)? My friend is identical in every description, except she shows horses and cares only for herself. I went through a LOT of trouble to get her a job and she has done nothing but embarrass me by lying at work (frequently), showing up late 3 out of 5 days a week, or not at all with super lame lies. They must be related, I am certain. I guess it takes all kinds to keep the earth round.

Some of my good friends could pass as my mom.
default_laugh.png
Age doesn't matter when they are just wonderful people. I didn't clique with lots of people in college. But I did make 2 good friends (close to my age). They were both punctional, oriented and just fun like me. So we got along well. All my in-laws are horrible about being late. I don't understand why a 20 something year old can't get ready on time and be somewhere for dinner. We got to where we'd tell them 1/2 hour to an hour earlier so that they would actually show up on time! Sheesh!
default_wacko.png

I have known many in my lifetime too, but my nephew is your age and was here going to college for a couple of years and that was his biggest complaint about people- immature and rude. Saying they would be somewhere and then not show up OR call- were supposed to get together on school projects for things and wouldnt or would wait til the last minute, etc....
default_no.gif

It seems much more apparent now, and is a shame that people think that consideration and manners are not needed any more.

Latest posts

Back