The massacre of 50,000 + dogs in China

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
I don't know if you have read the stories in the news about the above topic but it made me sick enough to send an email to the Embassy of China here in Ottawa. How inhumane to beat dogs to death in front of their owners. I can't believe that they couldn't find another way of doing this. Hopefully the government will be "smarter" in the future and make it law that dogs and cats require to be immunized for rabies so that this kind of things NEVER happens again. For my part i have decided I will not buy anything "made in China" EVER again!!!

I have not heard about it, but I don't know that I can stand to hear more about it. These kinds of things haunt me though I am compelled to understand what's behind it in order to figure out how to try and help somehow....

I just hate some of the things that are done in the name of "humanity."

Do you have a link to a news story or (off to Google it, against my wishes for not having to think about it, but if I can make a difference somehow...)

Liz M.

If you can, let us know where we can read about this........

MA

Link to news story

Another story w/pic

:no:

I just feel so sad for a group of people that can't figure out how better to manage this situation and be considerate of the lives involved. Makes me sick/revolted.

Liz M.

Last edited by a moderator:
its on the front page of yahoo.com also. but what do you expect from a country that limits their citizens on how many children they can have?? Even worse then the story on dogs is the stories of baby girls left to die because girls arent valued in China. YOu all know im an animal lover too on the deepest level but when I watched the documentary on the baby girls left to die in orphanages it really left me stunned. Since they are limited on how many children they can have the abandon the girls at orphanages. The orphanages are overwhelmed so they leave the youngest babies alone in a room to eventually starve and die. I think that was on 20/20 a couple years ago. yep im glad i live in the u.s.!!!!

Sorry was offline for a bit but glad you found the link. This apparently started a few days ago and again today. The cruelty and barbaric solution the government of China is using is disgusting. I understand that even dogs that HAD there rabies shots and the owners had the papers to proof it, they still killed those dogs as well If you are like me, UPSET and DISGUSTED let the Chineese Embasy know in the U.S. I was lucky I found an email address for the one in Ottawa (Canada). Perhaps someone can find the one for the one in the U.S. This entire thing just makes me SICK TO MY STOMACH!

His Excellency Zhou Wenzhong

Ambassador of the People's Republic of China

Embassy of the People's Republic of China

2300 Connecticut Ave. N.W.

Washington, DC 20008

202-328-2574

202-328-2582 (fax)

its on the front page of yahoo.com also. but what do you expect from a country that limits their citizens on how many children they can have?? Even worse then the story on dogs is the stories of baby girls left to die because girls arent valued in China. YOu all know im an animal lover too on the deepest level but when I watched the documentary on the baby girls left to die in orphanages it really left me stunned. Since they are limited on how many children they can have the abandon the girls at orphanages. The orphanages are overwhelmed so they leave the youngest babies alone in a room to eventually starve and die. I think that was on 20/20 a couple years ago. yep im glad i live in the u.s.!!!!
Kaykay you are absolutely right so WHY do we keep strenghtening their economy by buying their products. Our governments sure don't seem to care because as they say "they are important trading partners". Well as individuals we CAN make a difference or at least have our "silent" say about this because we all know NOTHING will be done about this or about the "children" or all the other human rights violations that they are reknown for. I have made a solemn vow that I will NEVER and I mean NEVER buy anything made in China again. People buy these products because they are "cheaper". Yes perhaps and more than likely they are but maybe we should start buying "made in Canada" and "made in the U.S.A." more often to help our own countries out and not help fuel governments that are so corrupt as the one in China is.

I do hope this reaches the mass media all over the European World. And I hope China receives very deserved reprocussions over this!

Did they beat the humans who got Rabies to death????

And yes, I know China sees dogs as a food source, but I don't see any of us beating our cows or pigs or chickens to death if they get sick! :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Kay, I just saw your post........I just recently heard that China is now changing their "policy" regarding the number of children "allowed" so to cut down on situations like you described. You are right. Thank God we all don't live there!

MA

I'm going to throw up.

Wow.

If only they just found the sick dogs instead of killing 50,000 or so innocent animals.

I have e-mailed the Chinese Ambassador in London- I am about to do the same to Ambassadors all over the world.

I suggest you do the same.

I was polite but firm- if the death of these dogs was necessary there are far more humane ways of going about it.

What they did they may feel was justified, HOW they did it cannot be justified in any civilised country, and this is the essence of what I said.

Yes, I do have problems with the eating of dogs and cats, BUT so long as their care and destruction is humane, I really have no right to interfere.

After all, we are far from perfect with out awful, horrible "Factory Farms" and some feedlots.

Our methods of slaughter are also, at times, gruesome.

We need to keep sentiment out of this as much as possible, and be quite certain what it is that we are objecting to.

Anyone who eats Lobster should think hard before pointing the finger :eek:

this is awful :no: i have to say though IF these dogs had to be destroyed surley to god they could humanley destroy them with an injection, rather than beat them ...im truley discusted, ive heard a saying that, the world is a beautiful place ...its the people in it that make it crazy
default_sad.png

I agree- it is the method rather than the act.

To us, dog lovers, it is easy to criticise the act, but we have to keep our sights firmly on what is universally wrong about this, and that has to be the way in which the act was carried out.

It is absolute indefensible.

Those trusting animals would have stood there and taken it, believing they deserved it.

We take them into our lives.... we live up to our responsibilities.

China once prided itself as one of the birthplaces of civilisation.

How far they have fallen, how badly they behave :no:

They have NO place in the civilised world- we have our faults and we are well aware of them, no-one is perfect, but, everyone can strive for perfection.

It would appear that maxim has passed the Chinese by
default_sad.png

KayKay --

I saw this documentary as well and I will never forget it. It made me cry. I remember a little baby they said was named "May Ming" which meant "no name". It broke my heart to watch. Those baby girls could be THE treasure in the lives of so many couples. It is heart breaking.

Jill

jill it was one of the most heart breaking things i have watched. I was bawling my eyes out. And i kept wondering how the camera people etc could film it and not do something. I know journalist are not suposed to become the story but my god how you could film a baby starving slowly to death??

Yes i love dogs and what they did was very inhumane but I wish people this up in arms over how they treat the baby girls verses the dogs.

And I do try my best to never buy anything "made in china" when I owned my own craft/art supply store I refused to buy anything that was from China. This made it much harder to make a profit but i slept well at night.

disgusting.

As already said, if they felt this slaughter was justified, they certainly could have done it more humanely. Bullets would be cheap enough, and preferable to beating. I suppose the killers got more out of it this way through. Sadistic b%$%#@#s.

I know what you mean, KayKay. I thought the same thing and so did H. Those poor baby girls, they are really being thrown away as if they are actual garbage. It is just beyond anything I can imagine...

Yes it is gross and yes there is better ways to go about fixing the problem. But it no means to "never buy anything made in china again". What is done is done and there is nothing we can do about it unless some one has time mahcine laying around.

and about the killing of little girls in China. Again it is totaly barbaric and sicking. But this truly is a nessacry evil. China is already on the edge of becoming over populated. If those girls had grown to have childenern of there own China would no longer be a devloping nation. There would be exterme poverty.

China is not America or Canada or any other country in the world it is China. China offers a whole different set of ethics and reiglion, and way of living. It is not our job to try to force the people living there to be just like any other place.

On the flip side, if we only bought from those that we liked, we wouldnt have much at all now would we? Clothes/rugs/linens from Pakistan. Many items from China, from food items to cars. We are truly a global economy and even if you buy a shirt that is made in America, you dont know that its findings or even cloth are made here. Not much is truly made in America anymore. Harley and Chevy both ship stuff to Mexico to be assembled and/or buy parts from them.

It is gross, disgusting and appalling that they would do this. To them, dogs arent loved the way we do. And even we have many cases of abuse, neglect and torture. Icelanders thought us nuts for spending millions to 'Free Willy', since whaling was a huge part of their culture. I still think the killing of the dogs horrendous, however with the mentality towards life over there.......... cant really say I am all that shocked.

Sadly there have been many infant girls who perished in China, often by drowning. But there have also been those that were fortunate enough to have been rescued and adopted through International Adoption Agencies. Out of the horror, a spark of hope for many childless couples.

I can understand wanting to ban all products made in China, but unfortunately that would only end up hurting the common Chinese workers.......those very people who had their dogs ripped away from them and killed.

MA

Latest posts

Back