The Death Penalty, Euthanasia and PAS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll third this -- that is an amazing post, Ozy. I've long felt that the peace of mind it brings is the truest benefit of PAS. Your experience confirms this and brings it home. I would suspect that the comfort of knowing he had this choice contributed to your father's remission and the additional years.

OHMT & Mona & Little Ribbie, yes, I agree with all!!! I really hate them sitting in jail and spending my money -- sooner for death.

Flying Minis, I'm sorry about your mom and truly understand as my own mother is now living with me with the Big A (1 yr) and I have a person I often do not know in her body. Truly dread the coming time, although I am doing all I can to help slow progression I know it is not currently possible to stop it. Sad situation. I am an only child, soooooo, I try to stay positive.

Ozy, so very sorry about your dad BUT, thankful that you all were given 2 unexpected yrs to be together.Lost my husband, love of my life, to liver cancer several yrs ago. Hard to watch but, you do not regret the time you have togethr, no matter what. You can be at peace. Fortunately, our end was quick,with dignaty, and myself and children beside him. I know you were just as saddened by your dads passing but knew he was finally at rest. They never leave us,always there in spirit and love !

Ozy-I am with you there. To me, guilty beyond reason of a doubt means absolute proof, like being caught on camera, etc. I know there are some people who have been sentenced to death who were later found to be innocent and that just makes me sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for your kind comments. . . Bess, I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but it does not. Enjoy when your mother is "present" and remember how she was when she is not. My sister always said she had "new mom" and "old mom" - at least in the early stages of the disease. One other thing - try to keep a close watch on your mother's eyesight - my mothers AD didn't seem to affect her so much until she began to lose her eyesight due to macular degeneration. It seemed all her remaining memory was visual, and once that went the disease progressed incredibly quickly. Had we known to really watch that, we could have staved off the eye issue for a little longer, which would have really helped. . .

Flying Minis, my heart just broke reading your post. Thank you for sharing something that was obviously so painful for you (((HUGS)))

Bess, you'll be in my thoughts (((HUGS)))

Susanne, you may be right in my Dads remission being helped by the relief of his fears.

Latest posts

Back