The colt that convinced us not to give up breeding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targetsmom

Reaction score
I am not sure how many have been following our breeding misfortunes that culminated in a horrible experience over Memorial Day weekend. After three years with no live foals, we posted on here that we were giving up breeding. And then 5 days later (May 29) we had an incredible miracle birth from a maiden mare at 303 days gestation. This is that colt, Max, at 4 days of age. He is everything we could possibly have hoped for and has convinced us that we should not give up our dream. We plan to repeat this cross for next year!!

meetingcowboy2750.jpg

By the way, we are also looking for a registered name for Max, going along with the "On Target" theme and his sires's name (SRF Buckshot). His dam is Jones Call Me Blue Admiration, a Cross Country Call Me Awesome daughter out of a Blue Boy bred mare. Our prefix is OTM.

OMG...
default_new_shocked.gif
That is one AWESOME colt. I'm glad that you finally got a live foal after such a rough time. Congrats!!!!!! If you decide you dont want him you can send him my way
default_biggrin.png

Alisha

He is STUNNING!!! So glad that he is here safe and sound, looks like your run of bad luck is turning around! Congratulations!

I can't tell you how happy I am that something good came your way. He is a georgous boy.

OTM Buckshots Positive Note (you have finially hit a positive note after all your grief) ?????

Congrats guys on the heathy foal, you deserve it. Looking for a trainer yet for your little superstar? LOL

default_new_shocked.gif
Boy!!!! Now that is what it is all about!!!! Congrats, He is Beautiful!!!!! I would repeat that cross too!!!!

How about Sure Shot or Bullseye? You sure hit it with him! He's stunning!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG well I am glad you decided to stay with it. It is incredibly difficult when things go so wrong... But he is worth it.

I am so happy for you. Sometimes, there is light at the end of a tunnel and you surely found the light.

I can't help but thinking after what you've been through,

OTM "My Heart Will Go On" might seem fitting

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so happy for you. Sometimes, there is light at the end of a tunnel and you surely found the light. I can't help but thinking after what you've been through,

OTM "My Heart Will Go On" might seem fitting
default_wub.png
Love the name, so suiting.

What a stunning boy! A baby like that would convince anyone to keep on going, he is just wonderful!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back