The car you drive

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesteppers

Reaction score
Wow..Now there is a very scientific poll
default_laugh.png

http://www.courant.com/features/hc-webcart...0,1169571.story

Tomorrow, some of you will help select the next president of the United States. In the never-ending stream of polls comes one that any car lover can appreciate.

According to research by automotive price guide Kelley Blue Book; your vehicle preference reveals your political preference.

The company says that Sen. John McCain leads among owners of domestic and luxury cars, including GMC (61 percent of owners prefer McCain), Chevrolet (60 percent), Buick and Dodge (58 percent), Ford (57 percent), Lexus, BMW and Lincoln (52 percent). Kelley's research also finds that 66 percent of full-sized truck owners support McCain, as do owners of SUVs (61 percent) and luxury SUVs (61 percent).

Meanwhile, Sen. Barack Obama leads among import owners, including Mini (70 percent), Subaru (61 percent), Saab (59 percent) and Honda (50 percent). Fifty-nine percent of station wagon owners support Obama, as do owners of hatchbacks (55 percent), crossover SUVs (52 percent) and hybrids (48 percent).

I would love to know after the election just how accurate this poll is. It would be something if it is right on.

Well, just based on this neighbourhood, that poll is completely inaccurate - but fun!
default_laugh.png

And since when is BMW conisdered a domestic brand? No more than SAAB or Porsche or...
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it dont fit for me. It does stand to it that republicans would be those with the money and those with the luxery cars.

dont fit me either. i hate polls like this sometimes.

LOL, it works for us. I drive a Honda Odyssey. Steve drives a Honda Civic and we have an old Chevy truck
default_wink.png

It sure doesn't fit us! But then, we wouldn't fit any group with our vehicles, except perhaps other lefty survivalists...

We drive a 1995 Ford Windstar (our "mini" van), and an ancient farm pickup.

A few years back, when I drove a "vintage" Volvo (greatest car in the world...never quit), a friend who canvassed for Greenpeace told me they looked for aging Volvos, as the owners always donated. I was too broke to go along with the trend, however.

Larry and I have NEVER fit into a "typical" nitch.........always the square peg trying to be fit into a round hole (or is it visa versa?)
default_laugh.png

I know it dont fit for me. It does stand to it that republicans would be those with the money and those with the luxery cars.
Ashley does this mean ALL of the Hollywood Elite are closet Republicans! WOW I'm sure happy to hear that, it means more votes for McCain/Palin!!

Why do most liberals believe Republicans are all rich? That is one of the biggest lies the Dems have told for years.

If a true and accurate report could ever be done I DO believe a lot of people would be quite surprised to find out there are more Democrats who are wealthy than Republicans. In my little piece of the world the majority of the big fancy car owners are NOT Republican!

That certainly isn't accurate in Michigan...(democratic state)...almost everyone drives American cars and there are lots of dems in big fancy trucks/suv's and luxury cars.....they work for GM!

Not right here either. I drive a Mazda (40 mpg) and son drives a buick Rondevous (crossover). We should be Democrats. Uh Uh!!!! Still can't figure out how we are Republicans because we are on the poor side and Obama is going to help us so much we really should vote for him.
default_laugh.png

I am just stateing my opinion, which I am intitled to, wether or not you guys want to hear it.

Ashley, I wasn't commenting on your post...I was commenting on the initial one with the percentages. Didn't want you to think my response was in anything you said.

Although I still don't agree with what you said...I know plenty, plenty of republicans that are not "wealthy" and struggle daily.

Back