The Canadian Boys new home.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginia

Reaction score
This deffinatly is one of our happy rescues. Thanks to Tiffany B from Canada for letting us know about them and then taking care of them till we could find a Permanent place for the boys to live. It's unusual in that these guy were OVERFED and fed the wrong things, but Tiff got them down to a healthy weight, got their feet in pretty good shape and pretty much was mom to all three. Now she's waiting to see if the mare is going to have a baby!

I drove up to Niagra Falls and met Tiff and Sandy Caja at Kmarts. Sandy was a doll to bring them across the border for us. Hey Sandy, I LOVE your trailer! You can stand in it and chat. Which we did for quite a while. Gee you Canadian guys are great.

We got the boys transferred with hardly a misstep. The boys and I then wended our way another 8 hours down to PA to their new home. I was nervous about getting them there in the middle of the night. It was 11:30 before we arrived. They already have a rescue gelding there that was really lonesome. As we led them down the walkway to the paddock he got sight of Dan and Boots and started whinnying and running the fence line. Dan, the dad started doing stallion humphing at him...UT OH. We then debated putting them in together. They settled down so we went ahead and put them in. Well, I still have a smile on my face. Little lonesome boy went trotting up to the new guys and just did a happy dance. THEN, they all did a happy dance. (I think the boys were very happy to get off the trailer) Then as a herd they took off running around the paddock, actually a small field, kicking up their heels, squeeling and just having a gay old time. We watched them for 20 minutes. The whole family came out to see. I left there with a huge grin on my face and a feeling of a job well done by everyone.

Hee hee hee when Kay said I go the extra mile, she wan't kidding. 18 1/2 hours on the road yesterday, but every minute was worth it.

Ginny StP

WooHoo good Job!!!
default_yes.gif
: Yes We All love Sandys trailer considering it Drives my horses to shows hehe. yay Glad they got there ok. Wish I didnt have school so I couldve came with sandy. Shes Amazing lol.

Back