The best thing about Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knottymare

Reaction score
Not the best picture but I just had to share... Dolly's new blanket!

She has plenty of hair to keep her nice and warm but we get so much rain here. I have always kept a lightweight rain sheet on my big horses to avoid them getting nasty rain rot. When I got home tonight, Dolly was soaked to the skin. I decided, that's it! Off to the feed store I went and scored the last size 48" rain sheet.

I am so tickled with how cute and little all of her stuff is!

188505_1870411357241_1149824875_2298928_5946074_n.jpg

adorable!

I am jealous that your local feed store carries mini items. None of our tack stores around here carry anything mini. I often thought about starting that service but when you can order it so cheap elsewhere, the only reason anyone would buy from us is if they needed it immedately and couldn't wait to ship. And there aren't many minis around here anyway LOL

You're lucky to have that available so close!

That is utterly adorable! Ours won't wear blankets.. the fly masks last year turned into nothing but a game of who can pull it off the other fastest
rolleyes.gif

I think officially it's a "foal" blanket and they had a pretty good selection in the less expensive, 600 denier medium weight blankets from 28" up to 86" or so. But I didn't want any fill, just a rain sheet and they only had one left. Ironically, the Medium weight blankets were only $45 but the rain sheet I bought was $87!!! Figures.

When I checked her this morning, the blanket was still on so that is a good sign!
default_aktion033.gif

she is adorable. I love how little all the mini stuff is but my favorite is the mini foal slinkies/blankets, absolutely ADORABLE!!! We are lucky and actually carry miniature horse equipment ourselves, so it makes it a lot handier to get new blankets, show halters, ect.

Well, I don't know if she likes it or not... hopefully it will still be on her when I get home from work! But so many of the rescues we've taken care of had rain rot that I got out of my way to avoid it.

She does look cute. Wish they had a burgundy colored blanket. Blue is for boys!

Aww she's so very cute in her little blanket!! I bought some orange blanket material to make mine rain sheets but haven't got around to it yet! gotta get my butt in gear, cause rainy cold spring is on it's way!!!

She is just so cute and it fits her perfect. I love my mini rugs cos they go in the washing machine. I spend $300 each spring to get our Show Jumpers rugs washed but the mini's I do myself. The kids do moan if they see them hanging on the line near their stuff " errr gross mum, I will go to school smelling of horses"

She is just so cute and it fits her perfect. I love my mini rugs cos they go in the washing machine. I spend $300 each spring to get our Show Jumpers rugs washed but the mini's I do myself. The kids do moan if they see them hanging on the line near their stuff " errr gross mum, I will go to school smelling of horses"
My hubby isn't thrilled with the idea. He makes me drag them to the coin laundry to wash in the big machine! Oh well.

Oh, and I pulled out the tags - they are Weatherbeeta pony sheets. So far, keeping the covered parts nice and dry and but not too warm.

Latest posts

Back