texting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never had a cell phone and I have never texted a day in my life. I don't even know how to use a cell phone! I did try and the little buttons are way too tiny and I can't really see them anyhow and don't know what to push. I don't have a blueberry or a blackberry whatever it is and don't know what an Ipod thingy is, well I think it has music but I do know what a lap top looks like because I saw one in person. ugh....and sigh
LOL Marty... my sister calls it the "Crackberry"!

default_laugh.png

My phone is capable but I had it blocked.

Actually, I never text. Was getting a text, same always & apeared to be from some company who was alerting staff/shifts, etc. Had charges for receiving as I didn't have a text "plan". Asked them to block the sender but, said couldn't so I said STOP ALL.

Almost had to have the EMTs come to rescue to young lady helping me
default_laugh.png
but, now I can't text or receive same. Fine with me, although there have been a very few times when I have wanted to send a typed msg, vice voice. Can have it reset anytime I want.

My phone doesn't take pics and that's fine (hard to find those now!)....have couple dig cams & video cams, etc. I just don't NEED all that crap anymore.

Bev, like you, I use mine to make a phone call -- generally on the road, if emergency, etc., and receive such (mostly from fam).

OK, I'm old and loving it!!!

Nope no Texting here either. My hubby said we could up grade our phones so I started looking at Sprints site. I really liked that new Apple phone. It's 4g or something!(what does that mean???
default_rolleyes.gif
) But my problem is I can't get service now on my cell unless I stand out in the drive way passed the garage! I can't pay that much for a phone like that when I could only use it dropping my son off at school in the parking lot. I thought about it and all I can figure is that must be why the school parking lot is so crazy! They get service like me at home and MUST check FB in the parking lot! LOL!! Just joking!
default_laugh.png
No new phone for me. I don't have a place to use that cool of a tool, besides who would I text?? I guess I could text my neice but I can imagine her rolling her eyes and saying it's my aunt....again!! LOL!!

I love texting, it is so much easier for me than making a phone call. When I'm at work (which seems like all the time), I can't/don't have time to make phone calls. I can drop a quick text to anyone I need to and I'm done...Mostly my husband and I use it to communicate with each other. Common text = husband: We need tp, Me: K!

I don't text either! I can receive them and one of my daughters sends them to me constantly. That means I have to go in the house, get my glasses go to the menu and try to retrieve said message. Then I call her back. My phone is always with me, since I fell last year and broke my hand and tore the miniscus in my knee. I'm scared if I fall again I may need help. Yes it is always full of hay as it is an old fashioned flip phone. I would like to have a kindle fire, so I could have wireless internet and to down load books, love to read. I love Martys response especially about lap tops, I do get to use one when I give blood they are kinda cool. I love to go to Best Buy and play with all the gadgets, then leave the store cause I can't justify spending money on toys.

I always have my cell phone on me and hubby and i text ALOT like 3000+ messges a month but i rarely even call anyone im lucky to use 100 minutes a month on calls...Even my vet text messages LOL so for me its easier this way.. Plus im not one that like to talk alot if i can type im good to go

I have a cell phone, but its my main phone. With a teen boy in the house we never seem to see the regular phone and if we do its dead anyway. I do text. I hate talking on the phone. If people call me unless its a job or something I tend to ignore it then, a short time later I will get a text. I dont talk much, not a fan of it never have been. However love to text. My mom actually joined the texting world this year and I thought she lost her mind.

I got my phone mainly because at the time I had older cars and wanted to have something in case I broke down. The one time I didnt have my phone I blew a tire at 530 in the morning on the way to the hospital. I was following my partner in for our daughters surgery, and while she had a "gut feeling" she didnt turn around. The one time I had to judge a stranger and take a ride. Havent forgot my phone since.

Latest posts

Back