Texas Members ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShashwatAcres

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of the Texas Members were anywhere near me. I am located in Odessa,Tx. I just got my first mini yesterday THANKS SAGEBRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a total love bug and I am very smitten with her as is my kids. I have been doing a search for Mini breeders near me and Mini Clubs around the area or within a reasonable driving distance. So far I havent found anything or anyone.Im not sure where I need to post this or even if I can really but thought I would post it and give it a try anyways

TIA

Becky

Hi Becky,
default_saludando.gif

Ya know , TEXAS IS HUGE!!!, LOL

I am near Beaumont, which is not too near you, LOL. But you are welcome to head our way anytime. WE have lots of mini farms around here.\

Congrats on your new horsie. You will have another soon, I can tell....

We are in the Hewitt, Waco area. I am not sure how far Odessa is, but you are welcome to come by & chat anytime. Welcome to the wonderful world of mini's.

Wow Odessa, I do not know of anyone in that area off the top of my head. We are down in Santa Fe, which is a little above Galveston.
default_wink.png

But llike the others we would be glad to help you in anyway possible. Don't hesitate to call or email if you need us. Welcome to the forum and to the world of miniatures. They are habit forming wihen you have kids or grandkids. With 10 grandkids and 6 that show I can attest to that for sure. LOL
default_wub.png
default_wacko.png
default_new_multi.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy and Welcome to the wonderful world of miniatures!!

I am not near Odessa but feel free to email with questions, I’ll do what I can to help out.

Welcome for a visit if your ever in my neck of the woods.

Christina

Welcome!
default_saludando.gif
I'm in Iola, between College Station and Huntsville. I don't own or raise any minis, but I do show them professionally. There is an AMHR/ASPC show this weekend in Corsicana. Might be a bit of a drive, but you can meet lots of folk there.

Only having lived in Texas for (almost) 4 years now, I don't know where Odessa is. I do know that we are 45 miles Southwest of Texarkana, and about 125 miles north of Dallas. Are you anywhere near any of those areas?

Like everyone else not sure where you are located either but you are welcome to come visit if you are ever in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. I am about 25 minutes from Ft Worth. You are welcome to email me with any questions you have as well. Welcome to minis....we are all here to help so don't hesitate to ask any questions.
default_saludando.gif

Hi Becky,

Well I do know where Odessa is as I have family out there. Unfortunately there isn't any miniature horse or pony clubs out in your neck of the state. I have a good friend by the name of Dianne Schwalm that lives in Wolfforth Texas (outside of Lubbock). You can go to her website: www.fureverfriends.com or email her at [email protected] and let her know I sent you her way. She'll be happy to know that there is another miniature person in her backyard.

The closes shows for you will be the ASPC/AMHR Club of N. Texas (website: http://www.aspcamhrntexas.com can obtain copies of their membership and show premiums) the Lone Star Pony club which host shows in Corsicana Texas (contact Amy Moerman 1-254-842-9783) for a show premium list from her. There use to be some AMHA shows held in Wichita Falls Texas (don't know if they still do) and course the AMHA World show held in the fall at the Will Rogers complex in Ft. Worth. There is a fairly new facility in Midland, called the Midland Horseshoe Expo they are located at 2513 Arena Trail in Midland, Texas 79707 ph 1-866-471-7463 who you might call to see if they have any miniature enthusiast out in your area.

If you have any further questions you can drop me an email and I'll be happy to assist you in any way.

Karen Shaw

Chairman

ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Triple A Amateur program

10500 CR 606

Burleson Texas 76028

817-426-0262

Email: [email protected]

Hi! We're about 7 hours northeast of you (on the other side of Dallas) but if you're ever up our way would love for you to come by and talk horses!

Sharman

Thanks everyone, Odessa is oh about 2 1/2 hourse from New Mexico LOL
default_wink.png
Ahh yes the Midland Horse Shoe yeah been thee already showing dogs LOL will check with them as well. I was hoping to find some here or fairly close I will see about getting in touch with the lady in Wolfforth. Thanks everyone

Becky

Thanks everyone, Odessa is oh about 2 1/2 hourse from New Mexico LOL
default_wink.png
Ahh yes the Midland Horse Shoe yeah been thee already showing dogs LOL will check with them as well. I was hoping to find some here or fairly close I will see about getting in touch with the lady in Wolfforth. Thanks everyone
Becky

Hi Becky,
default_saludando.gif

I am located in Merkel which is East of Odessa about 3 hours. I do have miniatures and shetlands and have attended the ASPC/AMHR shows and I am also a professional trainer. You are more than welcome to contact me if you need anything and I will do my best to help you out. Welcome to the world of miniatures!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back