Talking about bloodlines...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LisaF.

What bloodlines are known to carry beautiful heads and long necks?

My own breeding program!
smile.gif
Harts Tip Top Flash, Redrock Incognito, Redrock Ahoy Captain SOS.
aktion033.gif
These stallions have beautiful heads, long necks and they pass them on (hopefully Captain will in 2006).
aktion033.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Alot of times the long necks come with the price of a more straight but still beautiful profile. I like a more dishy head but was willing to forgo it for a year or two to get the neck and legs I wanted from the shetland/minis. I have some 75% shetland minis now with the beautiful dishes too. Took a while tho to blend it back in. Erica has some gorgeous heads and necks on her kids. Go there are see what the predominance of line is. Bruce has a little Stallion Encore Dandyline Wine who is 18 years old that has the prettiest head I have ever seen and produces tinys with the long necks and pretty heads. If a straighter profiled horse has a huge eye and tiny muzzle that can also be a beautiful head.[/SIZE]

Lyn

calistahdalert062105.jpg

lyscalistahalterhorse070405.jpg

One of my stallions Dee's Johnny Cash has a beautiful head and neck as well as big beautiful eyes. He's very prepotent for that and more of his foals have inherited that than not. This is his foal from this year and probably his last foal.

Tammie

[SIZE=14pt]Tammie what a beautiful child!!! Both of them. Love that huge eye![/SIZE]

Lyn
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back