Tail chewed off

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeperofthehorses

Reaction score
Sassy's tail has been chewed to nearly the bottom of the tail bone. :no: Dizzy is the primary suspect, though it's hard to imagine Sassy letting anyone get that close to her rear end. It was brushing the ground before this happened; it was beautiful. Now it looks really bad. A week or so ago, someone chewed off the tail bag and part of the bottom of her tail. Short enough that I couldn't bag it up. She kinda looks like a bob-tail hackney pony now. At least she has a cute caboose.

Would you show a pony like this? This is an open local show, no biggie really, but I like them to look nice. Should I trim it up a bit to even it out, which would make it even shorter, or just let it be? I could braid what's left in sort of a faux mud tail, or just leave it down? I'm actually tempted to scratch all three. I'm hurt again, Sassy has no tail and Dizzy and Ripple are both going fuzzy.

I'd post a picture, but it just irks me every time I see it.

Hubby's miniature donkey ate the tail off or two of my yearlings this year. I thinned the chewed off tails and tried to make them more natural and showed them anyway (and won some Futurity money!).

Hey, guess what - I now own a full sister to Dizzy! She's just a plain silver dapple though (Okay, so not plain - she has gorgeous starburst dapples). I have a picture of her up on my website on the Mares page under "other Foundation mares"

Lewella

Hubby's miniature donkey ate the tail off or two of my yearlings this year. I thinned the chewed off tails and tried to make them more natural and showed them anyway (and won some Futurity money!).

Hey, guess what - I now own a full sister to Dizzy! She's just a plain silver dapple though (Okay, so not plain - she has gorgeous starburst dapples). I have a picture of her up on my website on the Mares page under "other Foundation mares"

Lewella
Congrats on the futurity wins! Whoo hoo!

I'll tell ya what Lewella, there's days I'd like to load Dizzy up on a trailer and send her your way. :lol: She's just soooo two right now. We call her Busy Dizzy. I'm sure it has nothing to do with her being spoilt rotten. I couldn't find her sister on your site, but will try again tomorrow (getting sleepy). And there's no such thing as a 'plain' silver dapple in my book! What is her name so I'll know who I'm looking for? Is she small? I hope to hardship Dizzy next summer, but it's gonna be close. Have you heard where her dam ended up? I kinda regret not getting her too. And I'm still looking for a picture of her sire.

Sassy's tail looks terrible, but we're going to try to make the best of it. Dizzy's tail is thick and dragging the ground and I actually considered thinning it to make a bit of a tail for Sass, but the shade is just too off.

Well the lightning has moved in, so I'm outta here! Can't wait to see pics of your filly (mare?).

:saludando:

Oh that's good..... I can't remember her registered name. Something like MRF Roses Mistique or something odd like that. We just call her Cricket. Cricket is a descent sized mare - about 42 inches and built like a tank. Haven't heard where their dam ended up. Cricket is 5. She drives beautifully and I (hopefully) have her bred to Wauk-A-Way Brave Bear for next year.

Latest posts

Back