SWEAT NECK SOLUTIONS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lexi

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of different things from people (who aren't really into shows) about what to use under a sweat. I heard something about eggs and one about vinegar, and even to use electrolytes. Does anyone have a solution that works for them? My stallion has some neck fat and his first show is in six days. :eek:

THANKS!!

No matter what you use under those sweats, I don't think you'll notice much difference in six days. Also, sweats and wraps do not remove fat, they temporarily reduce water build up in the areas they are regularly applied on. If you want results, start wrapping your stallion's neck now for the next show and sweating during workouts. Even special potions won't work without consistancy and hard work!

Exactly excercise will reduce fat, sweats will reduce water. 6 days??? probably not much going to happen.

True but... What IS the solution?

I have a show in 4 months(
default_sad.png
So far away) and I will start sweating with a product/solution during workouts in a month and a bit... I have found that the product is hard to find in this area... So what are some solutions that you have used or heard of?

-Listerine and water

-Store bought product

-Garbage bag around or under sweat

Others? :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you can wash his neck after every workout, don't use anything. Most mixtures used to sweat necks will blister their skin if not washed off. But if you do have time, use an equal mixture of Listerine (or similar product, cheap is fine) and Glycerin. You can find glycerin in most pharmacies. OH and eggs will really blister if you use on white areas. No show is worth hurting your horse. So now you can start working toward your next show with more time to help his neck. But I doubt anything will help in six days.

Unless you can wash his neck after every workout, don't use anything. Most mixtures used to sweat necks will blister their skin if not washed off. But if you do have time, use an equal mixture of Listerine (or similar product, cheap is fine) and Glycerin. You can find glycerin in most pharmacies. OH and eggs will really blister if you use on white areas. No show is worth hurting your horse. So now you can start working toward your next show with more time to help his neck. But I doubt anything will help in six days.
MiniMom is absolutely correct .... this mixture WILL blister the skin if left on too long or is not washed off thoroughly, and I agree , no show is worth making your horses miserable.

I should have added that, yes I know they can blister. I have included the wash in my schedule, so yes I will be rinsing after each use.

But that is important for every one to know.

I don't use solutions at all...................I have 3 sweats on a horse at times when working, and one left on 24/7

I don't use solutions at all...................I have 3 sweats on a horse at times when working, and one left on 24/7

So do you have 3 or 4 sweats for the one horse? Do you just add two sweats then work him or remover the 24 hour sweat and replace it with 3 sweats? Are these sweats neoprene or polartech fleece?

Sorry to hijack this Lexi! It sort of on topic of what you asked.
default_wacko.png
:

default_yes.gif
: We generally use a couple sweats per horse, too. Usually the horses wear neoprene/polarteck lined neck wraps in conjunction with a neoprine/polarteck lined throatlatch wraps "at all times." These are reapplied daily to dry out or be cleaned and also to check for any irritation. No solutions needed, just regular workouts!
default_wink.png
:

I work them in a neoprene underneath with a throatlatch sweat under that. Then I put a Fleece wrap over both of those with a neoprene outer later.

Those are then all taken off to put a fleece wrap and throatlatch back on.

Latest posts

Back