Strange colour, any ideas?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylie

Reaction score
Very unsure on her colour, i told she's steel grey but am not totally convinced.

No known parentage, so that wont help, lol.

To me eyes, she's a silver (yes she's dirty atm
default_yes.gif
), on her forehead the hairs are a mix of white & a light chestnut, gold colour.

I will test her for Silver if others believe she "could" be.

Thanks all.
default_saludando.gif

02059f2f.jpg

57ab989a.jpg

A typical silver black to me. Not knowing her parentage, it's hard to know what's hiding in her genetics, but what I see is silver black in the photos.

Steel grey implies a grey gene. Is she getting more grey, or is that just where her hair's shorter (the whitish/silver areas?).

I had a mare that looked just like that. She was not at all grey, but at times of the year, she showed greyish around her body like armpits, throatlatch/cheeks, and flanks.

Liz

A typical silver black to me. Not knowing her parentage, it's hard to know what's hiding in her genetics, but what I see is silver black in the photos.

Steel grey implies a grey gene. Is she getting more grey, or is that just where her hair's shorter (the whitish/silver areas?).

I had a mare that looked just like that. She was not at all grey, but at times of the year, she showed greyish around her body like armpits, throatlatch/cheeks, and flanks.

Liz
Thanks.

She only arrived today, so all i know of her background is: nothing!

Well same owner since a foal, but he has no time for her.

I've spoken to the registrar of our Dilute Assoc & she said highly likely Silver but to test her.

The more i look at her, the more i say greying out, so we'll see.
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back