Stolen Trailers From Nationals???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder

Reaction score
This was just on our local news. If you or someone you know had a trailer stolen at Nationals in Tulsa this might be of interest.

Police need help identifying all the stolen trailers they have found.

Va Lynda Ann

Police Arrest Suspect In Theft of Trailers

Wednesday October 19, 2005 10:36pm Reporter: Burt Mummolo Posted By: Kevin King

___ Related Stories ___

Thieves Take Boy Scouts Trailer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fair Vendor's Trailer Stolen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Habitat For Humanity Tools Stolen From Trailer

Tulsa - Tulsa police have broken up what could be a major crime ring. They've recovered roughly 50-thousand dollars in stolen trailers. NewsChannel 8's Burt Mummolo reports police want your help to find out to whom they belong.

Trailers are stolen at an alarming rate. Just last week, we reported that three Boy Scout troops have had their trailers stolen. But, Tulsa police have recovered someone's stolen property.

The snap of the police bolt cutters put a smile back on little Debbie's face. The first lady of Fudge Brownies, along with a souped up Mustang, had been missing for three weeks.

"We have a large number of trailers thefts every week," says Tulsa Police Detective J.J. Gray, who recovered five stolen trailers and arrested 30-year-old Michael Larmore.

"He was charged with possession of controlled dangerous drug and knowingly concealing stolen property," Gray says.

Sitting on her front porch swing about to head off to church, Margie Schowengerdt, had a feeling her neighbor was up to no good.

"You just don't come in and out all hours of the night," she says. "And, they would wake us up banging or drilling, the last time was drilling on one of those trailers."

According to police, all that racket was an effort to make the trailers untraceable.

"All the identification markers have been taken off the vehicles, trailers, as well as any identifying stickers," says Gray. So, right now we haven't been able to find owners of those trailers yet."

Police are hoping the media spotlight will help find the owners. Margie is hoping the neighborhood goes back to normal.

"I'm ready to go to church because I'm just thankful the neighborhood's safe," Margie says.

If one of those trailers is yours, or you think you know whose it is, call Detective Gray at 596-9183.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's so good of you to post that info for those that have had trailers stolen!

Here's hoping that everyone gets their trailers back!

Thanks so much for posting that! I hope that those who had trailers stolen see this post. I pray that they're all recovered!!!
aktion033.gif

That would be so wonderful if the missing trailers were actually returned to their rightful owners!!!
aktion033.gif

I forwarded that on to one of my clients who was one of the unfortunate ones that had her trailer stolen. Brand new Hart with all of her equipment inside.
no.gif

[SIZE=14pt]I sent it to Bruce too. He had his trailer stolen it was a modified motorcycle cargo trailer with two box stalls and 4 standing stalls built in it and 3 harness hanging in the front.[/SIZE]

Lyn

lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt]I sent it to Bruce too. He had his trailer stolen it was a modified motorcycle cargo trailer with two box stalls and 4 standing stalls built in it and 3 harness hanging in the front.[/SIZE]Lyn

487245[/snapback]

Let's hope this breaks up this ring of thieves.I am sure that at AMHR convention the topic of trailer security will come up.It is very sad for people to wait all year and spend lots of money to go to the Nationals and they have the worry of the possibility of losing your trailer.Let's all push for some kind of ID trailer system& only able to get the trailer out with proper documentation.It can be done and without too much problem.

I hope this is the jerk who caused so much trouble at Nationals. I hope those who lost their trailers and tack can get it all back. And I really hope that this guy and his buddies serve a long, long sentence and fester in jail for a while.

This part of the story made me think:

"And, they would wake us up banging or drilling, the last time was drilling on one of those trailers."

According to police, all that racket was an effort to make the trailers untraceable.

"All the identification markers have been taken off the vehicles, trailers, as well as any identifying stickers," says Gray. So, right now we haven't been able to find owners of those trailers yet."

It seems like it might be a good idea to find a hidden place on your trailer and engrave an ID number, or some mark to identify your trailer should this happen. Do trailers even have VINs?

I really hope the owners get their trailers back!!! And their equipment too, but that's probably more unlikely
sad.gif
We all know how expensive show tack can be. If I had my trailer stolen and had just a couple show harnesses and a selection of show halters, it would cost as much to replace the show tack as the trailer!

Does anyone know if they make like a "boot" like police will put on cars in the city if they have too many parking tickets? It gets put on the tires and then you can't drive (?).

They make hitch locks that fit bumper pull trailers and some that fit goosenecks. Most trailer dealers have them as well as auto part stores. Around here it seems to be boat trailers that get stolen and constuction trailers. Probably none are totally fool proof but it might be enough to keep the "honest" ones away.

Latest posts

Back