Stakes Classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniDashofBlue

Reaction score
I have done stakes classes before and am considering doing it again. However, I never really though about the payout and stuff. How many horses have to be in to recieve a payout? What is the percentage of monies given out compared to the number of entries? Thanks much in advance.

What shows are you looking at?

In the AMHR and ASPC shows around here, money paybacks aren't generally given. However, the driving Stakes class wins DO give you a Grand Champion point to put towards your Hall of Fame in AMHR and ASPC if you have competition in your class.

Hope that helps,

Andrea

Agreed- Stakes classes around here don't do paybacks as far as I know. The one I won in 2008 certainly didn't.
default_biggrin.png
Darn it!

But the class is worth it to try and get the Grands you need for a HOF and besides, they usually have pretty sashes or tri-color ribbons.
default_thumbup.gif

Leia

Stakes at the Nationals and I am assuming Congress do give you a payback at Nationals it is I believe to the first 3 places. I am not sure about area shows? As far as regular local shows very few offer money back in the class

Good Afternoon,

The National Area V Show hosted by the ASPC/AMHR Club of N. Texas will have stakes payback this year. I do believe we are the first club to offer it in our Area for an Area National Show. The cost of the class is $50. Payback will be 1st-6th place and is based on a percentage. We usually have very large stake classes for the AMHR miniatures so just to give you an example of what a large class could payback. I'll use the AMHR Country Pleasure Driving Over Division:

Ten horses in a stakes class:

1st $150

2nd $100

3rd $75

4th $50

5th $25

6th $15

You drive in very many driving classes and participate in the stakes, this year you could win back enough money to either show for free or off set what you did pay to come show.

So for those of you that want to come to the 2010 National Area V Show, held in Glen Rose Texas on June 11, 12, 13, come join in the fun and try your hand at winning a stakes class.

For show information you can go to the club's website...www.aspcamhrntexas.com

Karen

Thanks to all that commented. And yes it would be for AMHR driving stakes classes.

We will be going to the Area 7 show and hopefully they will have that kind of payout.

Hello...

Regarding the Area 7 show... (you may want to contact the Pacific Coast show board to verify the following information, and I will correct this post if this is wrong...)

There are NO money paybacks for the Stakes driving classes but there are awards. And like I have said above, they DO count for your Grands towards your HOF and lots of points for All-Stars as the Area Shows are triple points I think.

You will probably be happy to know that the Area 7 show is going to offer a FLAT RATE of only $80 so you can enter your horse in as many classes as you want! This will be a bonus if you have a halter-driving-liberty horse! Otherwise, classes are approx. $25 per class. Stall fees will apply as well. I am very excited about the flat rate though!

Also, if you have any halter geldings, there IS opportunity to win some money in the Gelding Incentive classes (offered for both minis and Shetlands). And if you are showing any Shetland ponies (not in AMHR if they are double registered) there are Futurity Classes just like at Nationals where you can win money for placing! My Futurity nominated Shetlands have won a good chunk of money at the Area shows, and more than paid for my Futurity nominations even though I didn't get to take them to Congress.

I am very excited about the Area 7 show, I will find out more information if you (or anyone on here!) wants. I have sent in a small sponsorship to help pay for awards, as I am sure the club will need it.

If you've never been to an Area Show, please consider coming, I think you will have tons of fun! The class list is huge compared to the normal local mini shows around here, and it's certainly close for us in southern CA this time around.

Hope to see you there,

Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello...
Regarding the Area 7 show... (you may want to contact the Pacific Coast show board to verify the following information, and I will correct this post if this is wrong...)

There are NO money paybacks for the Stakes driving classes but there are awards. And like I have said above, they DO count for your Grands towards your HOF and lots of points for All-Stars as the Area Shows are triple points I think.

You will probably be happy to know that the Area 7 show is going to offer a FLAT RATE of only $80 so you can enter your horse in as many classes as you want! This will be a bonus if you have a halter-driving-liberty horse! Otherwise, classes are approx. $25 per class. Stall fees will apply as well. I am very excited about the flat rate though!

Also, if you have any halter geldings, there IS opportunity to win some money in the Gelding Incentive classes (offered for both minis and Shetlands). And if you are showing any Shetland ponies (not in AMHR if they are double registered) there are Futurity Classes just like at Nationals where you can win money for placing! My Futurity nominated Shetlands have won a good chunk of money at the Area shows, and more than paid for my Futurity nominations even though I didn't get to take them to Congress.

I am very excited about the Area 7 show, I will find out more information if you (or anyone on here!) wants. I have sent in a small sponsorship to help pay for awards, as I am sure the club will need it.

If you've never been to an Area Show, please consider coming, I think you will have tons of fun! The class list is huge compared to the normal local mini shows around here, and it's certainly close for us in southern CA this time around.

Hope to see you there,

Andrea

I am excited to be going to the Area 7 show this year since it is going to be local. I have gone to many Area shows in the past and I have 2 ladies who this will be their first Area show. We are planning on probably taking 3 horses (including 2 geldings) and entering them in everything from halter to driving to hunter and everything in between.

We heard about the Gelding Incentive at the Area 7 general meeting and are excited to try it as well.

Latest posts

Back