Spotted donkey question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie

Reaction score
We bought this little jack at a sale this fall. He appears to be black all over but has a tiny white spot in the center of his forehead. Does anyone else have one like this and if so, has this type of "spotted" donkey ever produced a spotted offspring? We have a spotted jack that is mature but he is definitely fully spotted. I have seen nearly white donkeys that have been listed as spotted so I assume they had some hidden spot to classify them as spotted.

Thanks!

I don't know what is considered spotted but I am sure the American council of spottedasses might have some info
default_smile.png

http://www.spottedass.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he would just be a black with a "star". My brown jenny has a small white spot on her forehead too.

I would also say a black with a star. Usually if a jack has a solid color but also has a large full blaze they can produce color. I have one that is very dark (black/bay) and he has a white star, no color in his background. Corinn

Latest posts

Back