spot on mini horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havn't read all the replies, so maybe someone already mentioned this, but in the first photos, you can see the spot if you look carefully, but it is not showing well due to his being clipped out. Once the natural coat grew in, you can see it more clearly. It is a common thing with red based horses to have these spots.

It's just a Ben D'Or spot, very common on Palominos- well common on all red animals but because Palominos show it more because of the pale base colour it seems to be noticed on them more than a red horse.

I doubt very much, in fact I am sure, that it is not an indication of Appy.

I believe it to be simply a bend or spot as well...I simply mentioned the tongue-in-cheek reference to "no appy in the background" as it DOES happen often.

I went to photobucket and I will post a pic of one of my homebreds that is a palomino with two smut/bend o marks similar to your horses. As I said earlier they are common in red based horses. Photo is by "Sandy"

RiverRoseVanillaSkySundown3.jpg

If you look real hard you will see a smut mark on her rump and also one on her shoulder.

We have a 26 year old palomino mare that has a Bend-or spot. It's on her left rear leg and is about the size of a quarter.

I agree with others that it is a bend'or spot.

Here is my palomino Supreme Dream son that is covered in them. Everyone thinks he is appaloosa, but he is not. I wish he was!
default_smile.png

2011-07-25_12-23-14_404.jpg

2011-07-25_12-20-53_610.jpg

wow thanks everyone for photos and information. very nice horses
default_smile.png

I think the photo of the solid mare with few spots then appy out neat.

Sue C.-I apologize for jumping the gun on my response to yours.
default_giveup.gif
Wish I had the hang of posting pictures. I have a nice clear 3/4 rump shot of the gelding we had in the summer. Nice golden color with these smutty charcoal spots scattered on his rump.

Latest posts

Back