Southern Lights @ Kentucky Horse Park

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish Hills Farm

Irish Hills Farm
Reaction score
This past weekend myself, Hillary (Boinky), Judy & Michael Renchen, and Ernie Lambdin all meet up at Judi &Mike's in Kentucky. One of the things we did was head on over to the Kentucky Horse Park to see the Southern Lights.

I only took 400+ pics.
default_laugh.png

These are in no particular order.

Image1-6.jpg

Image20.jpg

Image21.jpg

Image22.jpg

Image23.jpg

Image13.jpg

Image14.jpg

Image15.jpg

Image17.jpg

Image18.jpg

Image10.jpg

Image11-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheryl, I love it!!!!! That must be so neat to see in person! The pics are awesome!!!

Looks good! I haven't made it out there yet this year(at least not a night), but I did notice that they have quite a few new lights. I'm going to put that on my to do list, because seeing them during the day is definitely not the same!

That is so cool, Ive only been there in the summer, I never knew that they did that really really really cool
default_laugh.png
default_smile.png
default_laugh.png

If you're in the area and have time to go see the lights, do it. It is well worth it! Just be sure to have gone potty before you get there, tank is full, you have something to drink, snack on, as there was quite a wait to get into the park. But again, worth it!!

Besides the lights being so pretty, make sure you go with at carload of nuts.
default_biggrin.png
I laughed so hard I thought I would pee my pants. (along with other bodily functions that can be hard to control)
default_wink.png
We had a blast and the weekend ended way too quickly. Those of you who don't know Sheryl, Ernie and Hillary are really missing out. Witty, intelligent and hysterically funny are just a few words to describe these guys. I must say our truckload of people had to be the ones having the best time there.
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks Irish Hills - I just had flash backs!

I was going to school at the horse park the first year they set up the light tour - it looks awesome at night but trying to work around them and all the guide wires can be a little nuts but it is really neat at night

Thanks for the memory lane - I
default_wub.png
my time as a KEI Student - live and breath horses and more horses - learned alot along the way, got to meet some cool folks along the way... I remb the week of Bryerfest having John Lyons and Bright Zip in the big barn for the WHOLE duration it was soo cool to see some great horses... John Henry may have been 'older' but he was still one to keep an eye on as he wasn't the easist personality to work around... touring some of the great farms in KY along the way too!!

Gezz sorry I graduated in Dec of 94 - pardon my flash back! The light show is very neat to watch if your in the area you should go!

Glad everyone has enjoyed the photos. Again, if you can get there to see the lights in person, do it. It was amazing.

Judi, Judi, Judi....
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back