SOS SALE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doffy

Reaction score
Has anyone heard how the miniature horses and miniature donkeys sold at the SOS SALE? Did anyone come home with any new minis?

We just went on Friday, the donkeys went high, but I managed to get these two. We left then but they said the goats went high. Two camels sold for about $3000 for the male and $7000 for the female, boy, were they ugly. But I talked to a lady who went for the minis and she said some went quite high, like always, probably the good ones. Here's my two donkeys. Rooster Ridge Ranch's Gingersnap 32" and Rearviews Evie 31", hopefully, both are bred for Sept. I liked the sale because of the large variety of animals but wish we could have stayed for two days, next time we are.

DonkeyMarnie4.jpg

I had planned on going to the sale, but had something come up so i wasn't able to go. Marnie those girls are just way to cute.

My folks went up for the sale. They came home with Rooster Ridge Farms Carol, a dark brown bred jennet. 3 yearling fillys, one red dun, one blue roan pinto, 1 silver bay. All of them are very beautiful horses. They felt the registered donkey's fetched the most money. Horse prices variad.

This was their first auction and they had a great time. Learned a lot and met some very nice people.

Traci

I went with Marnie and Shari, we had a busy but fun day! There were a lot of llamas, 2 camels, lots of donkeys and I'm sure well over 100 goats.

We left for home as soon as the donkeys were done but next year (or "maybe" I should say, next sale) we are going to stay overnight.

I couldn't resist the jennets and this is what I came home with:

DonkeyDonna1.jpg

my friend went and got a very nice aspc/amhr stallion. Prince Jericho blue eyes. He may be making an appearance here in ohio to court some girls
default_smile.png

Kay

OK, you tell your folks to enjoy Carol, she was my pick. I bid to pretty high on her and let her go, I guess I wasn't the only one that wanted her. I just love the dark chocolate and Carol was perfect. BUT -- look what I found in the back of my van today, went to look at a black jack and low and behold, Mona and Moxie ended up coming home with me! so I still got my Chocolate!! (Seriously, Carol is a beauty.)

babydonks2-27-06.jpg

Any prices on the miniature horses?

Dandy, this sale took place in South Dakota over a few days time. I believe it's been an annual event for quite a long time like 20+ years. I'm sure someone else here will tell us more.

Thanks Marnie. We also liked your little Evie. She was adorable. They were all adorable. This was my folks first auction. They liked that little Dizzy but they didn't see her get auctioned off. Carol does string test pregnant. She was bred to 2 different stallions so we are thinking she maybe due in July by a white jack. She is pretty big if compared to our other little Jenny due in May. But maybe that is just donkey figure.

Here are the pictures of our girls. Not the best pictures but give you a good idea.

As for the prices my folks wrote down a few. Double registered possible pregnant went for $1000+ Some were being sold as pregnant and were not. Most seemed to go from $600 to $900 range. A few went for over $2000, one stallion, one appy filly(toyland bred) Non registered were $300-$500 on average. Unregistered Jacks,some went for $150 dollars. So sad.

Red Dun

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/aul...es/P2251826.jpg,

Carol, the jennet

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/aul...es/P2251821.jpg

Blue roan pinto, will be b class

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/aul...es/b3488283.jpg

OK, you tell your folks to enjoy Carol, she was my pick. I bid to pretty high on her and let her go, I guess I wasn't the only one that wanted her. I just love the dark chocolate and Carol was perfect. BUT -- look what I found in the back of my van today, went to look at a black jack and low and behold, Mona and Moxie ended up coming home with me! so I still got my Chocolate!! (Seriously, Carol is a beauty.)

babydonks2-27-06.jpg
OMG Marnie! They are just ADORABLE!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Nancy
default_smile.png

Ufffdah, still doing laundry from the sale.

This was the 41st sale. It started in Chamberlain SD with my father, uncle and a couple family friends. After my dad passed away my brother Lonnie took it over and moved it to Mitchell changing the name from Longhorn sale to Heritage sale.

Prices over all were good. One camel went to a NE Zoo and the other was one my Uncle Robert sold years ago and she is coming home to stay. We had lots of interest in the donkeys and the market reflected that.

Minis had a wide range of prices as buyers knew what they wanted. I wrote down all the prices so if you are still wanting them I can post them later. I brought home 1, lot #6, a black Dippers Dipsy Doddle/Shadow Oaks Top Banana bred mare bred to a AMHA Reserve National Champion who has such a gorgeous head and cocky attitude for $1,200.

The sale has grown from a "just a sale" to an odd sort of family reunion.

Latest posts

Back