Someone selling a dwarf....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, there is a lot of money that goes into producing a foal, dwarf or not. At least they are saying she is a dwarf. Hopefully they are aware also of the health problems that can accompany a dwarf and will disclose them to anyone interested in purchasing her.

In the past, when I inquired about a dwarf, I was told they were being sold at regular price to insure that they went to a GREAT home. The owner explained that she didn't want to just give it away since serious homes would be willing to pay.

I too hope that whoever purchases her understands she might have some special needs and will committ to her long term care. I hadn't ever seen one advertised for sale before....but I'm new at all this! I agree I was glad they state she is a dwarf in the ad...I just hope she is sold to a wonderful caring home that understands what being a dwarf can mean! I'm still learning! :)

Unfortunatly, most people in this area have no idea of the health issues a dwarf has. And that is why I think the ad is mainly going towards the "cute and stay small" factor. I just hope that whoever buys her has a pre purchase vet check done and finds out the issues before it is to late
default_sad.png

Well I feel differently in regards to selling dwarfs, as I don't think they should be sold. I think they should be given to someone who is willing to take care of them appropriately, like WW Minis for example. After all it's the people who take care of these little ones that truly have all the expensese to cover as long as the dwarf lives.

I agree with Irish Hills farm. As a dwarf owner myself it is very expesive at times. But they are my special needs chidren and I think sometimes you get more attached to them then the others. I have 3, the one that was born on my farm got rodococcus pneumonia at 4 mo. and I have over $3000.00 in her. Then I went and got her 2 buddies,one of them chokes, and that is usually about a $500.oo vet bill every time. and not to mention the farrier and the dentist bills. They need both there feet and teeth done more often and some need glue on shoes that runs into more money. So my hat is off to anyone that gives theese wonderful creatures the careing home they deserve. There also is 2 wonderful dwarf forums on Yahoo that anyone can join to learn more and to talk with other owners of dwarfs. We all share our experiences and pictures there. Lorie

I just feel so sorry for dwarfs, most I have seen get neglected, feet, teeth, and do not get clipped.

I just hope she gets a good home
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back