Some Pics of KELSEY -- Blue Merle Rough Collie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Well, this evening, Harvey took some pictures of our "big" (65 pound) fluffy girl, Kelsey. She is a 14mos old blue merle collie. It's almost amazing he got shots as good as this of her because she is afraid of having her picture took!!!

I call her my "Blue Tiger" or "Blue Tiggy". I think she knows those names as well as she knows herself to be Kelsey.

H took these with our new camera (Canon Powershot S3 IS) and the images were huge and really good quality, but I cropped, shrunk, and lessened the save quality with my photo software so they would not take a decade to load.

I have to admit, H always gets better pictures of the animals than I do!

Thanks for looking at my fur girl!!!
default_wub.png
:

Kelsey%20--%2007062006%20--%20047.jpg

Kelsey%20--%2007062006%20--%20034.jpg

Kelsey%20--%2007062006%20--%20038.jpg

Kelsey%20--%2007062006%20--%20059.jpg

Just Beautiful! You can tell by her coat that your a really good mommy (and H is a good daddy)!!

Wow! Tell hubby those pictures are wonderful. You might find pictures like that followed by doggie breed info on many sites and books. Excellent job. I have enjoyed watching Kelsey grow from pup to the beautiful diva she is now!

Jill she's BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Have you ever thought about showing her? .........Can I show her???!!! LOL!!!! I'm so glad you posted updated pictures of her...it's fun to see them from puppies to teenagers. She has a certain air about her.....to me it says "calm, noble and smart as a whip".

:aktion033: She sure posed for hubby!!!!!!!! Beautiful gal and great photos.

Hey, if we could ONLY get our horses to "give ears" they way she does............ :new_shocked: :bgrin

Thanks, everyone
default_smile.png
I always wanted a blue merle dog, either an Aussie or a Collie and just think the color is stunning.

Cheyenne, I think due to the theft of her O-Berries, Kelsey isn't eligible to show (?), and also, I think I'd have to weight her ears to have them tip before she could be shown. However, I don't want to go there with the dogs. I love it with the horses, but I think I'd have problems showing my dogs. I can take critique of my horses but not really my fur children.

Mary Lou, I'd love to see how Jordy is looking now! The boy collies get quite a bit bigger than the girls. Kelsey's is at the top "limit" now for females (breed standard is 50-65 pounds) and she is LEAN not a bit fat. Jordy is very photogenic and looks so masculine even as a puppy. I always thought it was neat that in pictures, I could tell Jordy was a boy, and Kelsey was a girl.

I should be ASHAMED to admit that Kelsey hasn't been brushed in about 6 weeks (but has no mats) and I do not think she's had a bath in 3 months!!! She (thank goodness) just "comes clean" on her own even if I look out and see her covered in mud... give her a few hours in the yard and she is magically clean looking again. We brushed out her under coat with a grooming rake about 6 weeks ago and haven't brushed her since.

Tell Harvey he missed his calling as a photgrapher! What a living he could make doing shoots! Kelsey is one classic beauty! You may want to ask the AKC or such if they need any standard pics. Wonderful.

WOW!! she is stunning, just absolutely stunning!!
default_wub.png
: Fab pics too :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
awww....there she is all grown up!!!
default_wub.png
: hee hee she's like Teddy, just has the "appearance" of a dog that gets brushed alot!!! Gotta love that!! :aktion033:

Thanks everyone
default_smile.png
I am going to show this thread to H when he gets home! Maybe it will inspire him to take some candid shots of our horses
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
She is so pretty! Tell Harvey he did good!

Latest posts

Back